The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Happy New Year
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:43 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Hope all will experience good things in '21. '20 was a big downer but has taught us a few lessons we can hope. Be safe but don't stop making music!!

Post subject: Re: Happy New Year
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:05 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Happy New Year! While 2020 was difficult for most, it was pretty much the same for me. Why you may ask? Well, for one, I have been using Purel/hand sanitizer since the 90's. I was working out at the gym and a few days later I got the flu. I then realized, the way we get the flu, colds etc is from others who have left their germs on door knobs, rails, etc. Sure they could sneeze on you, but that's rare. I've kept a .5 oz bottle of Purel in my pocket ever since. Secondly, besides the fact I am a homebody, I've worked from home now 25 years. I go upstairs to work and come down stairs to live. The only real concession is eating out. But we only did that once or twice a week at the very most. Instead we've been ordering and bringing home.

The things that were the most challenging were not seeing friends, but I am able to speak with them often and if I need to see them, we do a facetime. I see the kids and grand kid because we are very careful (well they are since I'm mostly at home). Our in person shopping was cut to an absolute minimum, so we spent much more money on line that normal. Not a bad thing.

It's sad to see all the people, especially here in the States die so unnecessarily. I firmly believe this shouldn't have happened. Had our fearless leader spend more time saving lives than promoting his, we couldn't have spared 100,000's of lives. We can't go back, but at least we can go forward. Here's to a healthier and happier 2021.

rz-land

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:09 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Happy New Year!

2020 wasn't very good to us too but I realize I have to consider ourselves the lucky ones. We do have to stay at home, work from home, and no restaurants, friends, most of the family or fun shopping. But at least my job is secure, we all still got our health, Ria's job is secure, the super markets are well stocked, both my parents as well as Ria's parents allow is to take care of them shopping-wise. So, íf I have anything to complain, given the circumstances, there are a lot of people that can complain harder.

Now 2021 arrived. There's a vaccin. Not a miracle solution and it will take time, but it's the beginning of the end of the corona era.

Happy '21 to all, stay healthy and happy, make love and make music.

Thank you very much for sticking around.

R

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:42 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

A belated Happy New Year to all!

Here's to things looking up in 2021. We've weathered the storm pretty well here so far. My job is conducive to working from home (as is my personality). We've pretty much managed to avoid the outside world over the last year. Getting tired of it, but thankful that we are able as so many are not so fortunate.

I've been slowly working on a (relatively) soundproof music room over the last year. It's been a fun project. Got the drywall install done and moved in a week or two ago. I'll probably wait until the pandemic is over before I do the drywall finish, painting, and whatever flooring install I decide on. I could start a thread in the file share section is anyone is interested in the story.

I hope all are well. Stay safe and healthy! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:02 pm 

JM wrote:
A belated Happy New Year to all!

Here's to things looking up in 2021. We've weathered the storm pretty well here so far. My job is conducive to working from home (as is my personality). We've pretty much managed to avoid the outside world over the last year. Getting tired of it, but thankful that we are able as so many are not so fortunate.

I've been slowly working on a (relatively) soundproof music room over the last year. It's been a fun project. Got the drywall install done and moved in a week or two ago. I'll probably wait until the pandemic is over before I do the drywall finish, painting, and whatever flooring install I decide on. I could start a thread in the file share section is anyone is interested in the story.

I hope all are well. Stay safe and healthy! 8)

I would suspect 2021 will be better that 2020. We've had both our shots and are now a week away from the two week effectiveness. Even still, we will be wearing masks even though 2 states here have removed the mask ban and allowing everything to pen as if nothing ever happened. We got creamed with snow earlier and still, it isn't as bad as a pandemic. Now as for the pandemic, it hasn't changed my life one bit. I pretty much live like there's a pandemic. I've worked from home for the past 25 years, I never went out much unless it was to dinner, the gym, the store, or some random place. I've always used purel on my hands ever since it was produced and I've been reticent to shake hands even though it's "a society thing". So once I can go back to the gym, my life should be back to normal. ;-)

I saw you mentioned reaper. I too considered it as an alternative to recording. I watched a bunch of the youtube videos, but at my age, and minimal recording, I'm sticking with the 2400. Now that Byron showed me how to move files from the 2400 to the computer, I can use Audacity or Audition to do stuff. First I have to record something. lol

Yes, we'd love to see what you're doing in your music studio.

rz-land

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:50 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Nice to see that you guys got your shots, Ron. My wife gets her first dose this Friday. I'm not eligible until March 22 here in Michigan. The downside of not having health issues or being quite old enough. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:27 pm 

JM wrote:
Nice to see that you guys got your shots, Ron. My wife gets her first dose this Friday. I'm not eligible until March 22 here in Michigan. The downside of not having health issues or being quite old enough. :lol:

We don't have health issues, nor were we old enough. My wife is like a bulldog. If she wants something, she gets it. She got on the phone every day with the health department and checked the website. Finally she got a woman on the phone who told her to just sign us up which we did. Once we got the first, then there's no issue getting the second.

rz-land

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:23 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Good for you guys. I sure didn't mean to imply you are old or in ill health. :lol: Also, each state seem to have its own criteria based on vaccine availability and how many people are actually accepting it when offered. :roll:

I'm sure I'll be jumping into the registration fray here in a couple of weeks. 8)

Oh I'm old for sure. Just seems like the vaccine is available if you know how to get it. Pretty soon it will all be opened up. Proud to say today marks the 2 week period after the 2nd shot for us. Going to celebrate with some cheese.