The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Happy New Year
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:43 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Hope all will experience good things in '21. '20 was a big downer but has taught us a few lessons we can hope. Be safe but don't stop making music!!

Post subject: Re: Happy New Year
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:05 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Happy New Year! While 2020 was difficult for most, it was pretty much the same for me. Why you may ask? Well, for one, I have been using Purel/hand sanitizer since the 90's. I was working out at the gym and a few days later I got the flu. I then realized, the way we get the flu, colds etc is from others who have left their germs on door knobs, rails, etc. Sure they could sneeze on you, but that's rare. I've kept a .5 oz bottle of Purel in my pocket ever since. Secondly, besides the fact I am a homebody, I've worked from home now 25 years. I go upstairs to work and come down stairs to live. The only real concession is eating out. But we only did that once or twice a week at the very most. Instead we've been ordering and bringing home.

The things that were the most challenging were not seeing friends, but I am able to speak with them often and if I need to see them, we do a facetime. I see the kids and grand kid because we are very careful (well they are since I'm mostly at home). Our in person shopping was cut to an absolute minimum, so we spent much more money on line that normal. Not a bad thing.

It's sad to see all the people, especially here in the States die so unnecessarily. I firmly believe this shouldn't have happened. Had our fearless leader spend more time saving lives than promoting his, we couldn't have spared 100,000's of lives. We can't go back, but at least we can go forward. Here's to a healthier and happier 2021.

rz-land

Post subject: Re: Happy New Year
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:09 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Happy New Year!

2020 wasn't very good to us too but I realize I have to consider ourselves the lucky ones. We do have to stay at home, work from home, and no restaurants, friends, most of the family or fun shopping. But at least my job is secure, we all still got our health, Ria's job is secure, the super markets are well stocked, both my parents as well as Ria's parents allow is to take care of them shopping-wise. So, íf I have anything to complain, given the circumstances, there are a lot of people that can complain harder.

Now 2021 arrived. There's a vaccin. Not a miracle solution and it will take time, but it's the beginning of the end of the corona era.

Happy '21 to all, stay healthy and happy, make love and make music.

Thank you very much for sticking around.

R

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating