The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: To Whom It May Concern
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:58 am 
Roper

Here it is just another night when I’m trying to write, record, get on line and read whatever knowledge is out there on the internet related to this recording hobby that we all share in common. There are many places to read at and share. I’m thankful for that because I have learned more than I had ever anticipated about the recording process.

I also learned that as much as I hopefully may have been helpful at times, I have also been at times a detriment because of my fast held opinions and my quickness to speak my mind.

At this point in time I can only offer the apologies that I deeply feel I owe to Robbie and his team, and of more importance, my apology to John S. Perrault (pera2010).

At this time also, I can only wish that John would realize that his posts, subsequent PM’s, and the manner in which he presented himself attributed to my having made a spectacle of myself and possibly having misjudged him in the process.

I signed on to the original AW16G forum on May 25, 2003, a day in time of which I will never forget. It led to my becoming part of a community, good bad or indifferent, which is a statement that can be confirmed by a post made by our friend TonyRV2 on Aug 8th of this past year.

TonyRV2 wrote:
Just this
Seriously though....everyone here knows that there has been animosity between us in the past, that is, between me and you specifically Randy, to the point where we chose to eventually just ignore one another, less we be at full time odds, at least thats what I had chosen. And I'll say it right here for all to see, that it was mostly foolish pride. I saw you as a verbose newbie...(well, oldbie now) weaslin' in on my turf, and all my ol' buddies turf. Talk about your petty bullshit. I've accused you more than once of being self rightous...well so am I, maybe just a different brand is all.

Not once had I ever thought of myself as weasling in on anyones turf.

My one and only intent was to learn along the way and share whatever I may have learned and the music I may have made while I have been here and also listen to the music offered by other members who have offered that as well. It 's one thing to post pictures of equipment...it's an entirely different thing to post music actually *made* with the equipment made with the equipment posted within the pictures.

Sadly, my time and presence here is over and done with which may be mostly attributed to my own mouth. I wonder how many others would ever condescend as I have done.

Robbie and John....I offer my apologies.

I can only hope that you both accept.

Yesterday I was born here

Tomorrow I'll be gone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:32 am 
preset ho

Randy - there is never any need for you to depart these shores. You should know - and feel - that you are most welcome. We all fuck up from time to time (god knows I have) but it takes some pair of balls to come back and publicly apologise.

Respect to you, Sir, for this act and - as ever - peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:48 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Randy,

Apology accepted. Period.

I hope you see that making a mistake and leaving the forum have nothing to do with each other.

We all mess up something every now and then and so did I (big time!) on several occasions in the past... and no-one held it against me. That has to do with the fact that we're all human beings and (thank God!!) not machines! Accepting who we are is what friendship is all about.

You did show in your posts, pm's and emails your deep concern with the forum and that is important to me, so it also had its upsides. Add to that, that you swallowed whatever pride there was and apologized in the open is solid proof of your good intentions and a veeery cool thing to do. And I learned a lesson as well.

I love you old fart. Now, help a newbie or give us some drivel. Or both. 8) 8) 8)

Your friend

Robbie

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:22 pm 
Greenhorn

Quote:
Sadly, my time and presence here is over and done with which may be mostly attributed to my own mouth. I wonder how many others would ever condescend as I have done.

Ok Randy, what is it that you want, for the general membership to say 'oh please please don't go...you're too valuable a member, who's gonna water the plants...etc.etc." Lets face it, you'll be back... you'll get tired of lurking and feelin' sad, and be back to posting in no time. I mean, come on, what is this, about round 3 or 4 of similar circumstances....lol....let me be the first to say....fuhgitabotit....

Welcome Back.

Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:07 am 
Mr. Electonica Dude

Favourite food: Frog Legs
Machine type: AW4416
The Big Dawg wrote:
I mean, come on, what is this, about round 3 or 4 of similar circumstances....lol....let me be the first to say....fuhgitabotit....

[-o< pwease?

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:58 am 
Calf Cutter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:06 pm 
Poco fan

Randy,
I think you should stay and play. I've benefitted from your technical expertise as well as your friendship.

Peace and love,
Chuck the liberal tree hugger :lol:

http://www.beccaandchuck.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:19 pm 
Calf Cutter

Nothing wrong with huggin' a tree as long as it's got one of these:

Randy knows how I feel. monback mon