The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: It's almost here!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:11 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
JM wrote:

I also purchased one of the v-expressions packs, so will offer up some thoughts on that soon.

Which did you buy? I'm close to grabbing the master pack. I'm curious how easy it was to load. I forget which Roland set you have. Is it usb? Mine is old school so I have to use an old SD type card.

rz-land

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:19 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
JM wrote:
Robbie - wow, your girls sure have grown since I visited some 5 1/2 years ago. 8)

They have. Lotte is now 16 and becoming more and more independent quite rapidly. Janneke will be 13 in a few months and has hit puberty full throttle... and turns into a delightful young lady too. I'm extremely proud of the both of them. I'm pretty sure you know the feeling :-)

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:57 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Being a proud papa ain't all bad, Robbie. 8)

Ron - I started a thread on the v-expressions thing in "related equipment:reviews" - go check it out and let me know if you have any questions. I can't recall if you reported back more fully on your Line 6 Helix (that is what you got, right?), but I'll go take a look. I'm starting to eye the Helix LT.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:57 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
JM wrote:
Being a proud papa ain't all bad, Robbie. 8)

Ron I can't recall if you reported back more fully on your Line 6 Helix (that is what you got, right?), but I'll go take a look. I'm starting to eye the Helix LT.

The thing with me and Line 6 products is the excellent support. I've never had an issue that customer service, the website or the forum couldn't answer. Now there are several facebook pages dedicated to the Helix. I don't play nearly as much these days as I once did. But, when I first got the Helix, I dug in, watched tons of videos and began creating my own sounds. It's pretty easy to do and there's lots of help available to know when to roll back eq, which cab goes with what amp, understanding Impulses and why you do or don't need to use them. For me, the LT was just a bit light on features and I really like the scribble strips to show me what's there for each button. Now they have a new product out called HX Effects. It's missing the foot pedal, but I've been looking around for a separate wah pedal and keep the pedal on the Helix as a volume. So you may want to look at that too.

I recommend heading to youtube and watching videos on the Helix. Also check into the LT and really decide if it's worth not having scribble strips.

rz-land

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:36 am 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Thanks for the info, Ron. I'm scraping up cash slowly and the LT is a good deal closer than the full-blown Helix. :D

My main use for it would be to replace my old POD 2.0 for direct recording purposes, so most interested in the amps and mic'd cab aspects of it. For that reason the HX effects unit really wouldn't be for me.

I've got time to dig in and learn which is best. From what I've read so far, the LT would be more than I would need for the most part. The scribble strips are a big consideration, though.