The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Jersey Boys
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:50 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Natalie and I saw Jersey Boys last night at The Orpheum Theatre here in town. It was truly an amazing musical and one that I could easily see again. I learned a lot about the group The Four Seasons as well as about the individuals. The one thing I was amazed at was that Bob Gaudio wrote the songs. He wrote quite a few songs outside the group as well.

If ever you get the opportunity to see Jersey Boys, don't miss it. It's fantastic.

Link

rz-land

Post subject: Re: Jersey Boys
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:36 pm 

Wow thanks for sharing Ron. That must have been an incredible experience. Plus I never knew that about Bob. Such a plethora of information. Sweet!

:roll:

rz-land

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:54 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Machine type: AW16G
Thanks for sharing, Ron. :D

I saw Jersey Boys a couple years back when it came through Detroit. My reactions to it were kind of mixed, primarily because I never much cared for the music, which is obviously a very large part of the show. Setting my personal tastes (or lack thereof :D ) about the music aside, I otherwise thought the show was quite good. I really enjoyed the story of the rise and fall of the Four Seasons, and the subsequent rise of Franki as a solo act. A well done show, all in all.

Of all the many Broadway musicals I've seen over the years, my two favorites would have to be Sweeny Todd and Spring Awakening.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:51 pm 
Wants You

I'm gonna chaperone my son's high-school trip up to NYC in March to see this show. I'm looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:23 am 

Bob, if you're any kind of 4 Season's fan whatsoever, you will just love this. It's a great story and of course the music is exceptional. I'm sure the performance will be stellar.

rz-land

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:00 pm 
Wants You

Ron, I am a 4 Season's fan and an even bigger Bob Gaudio fan so I'm pretty fired up to see it. My son's chorale group at school does a medley of 4 Seasons' songs and he's a fan too.

Here's a little nugget for you. Joe Pesci's character in Goodfellas was named Tommy DeVito which is the name of the 4 Seasons' guitar player.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

You guys will indeed love it - have fun. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:03 pm 

Bob Keelan wrote:
Ron, I am a 4 Season's fan and an even bigger Bob Gaudio fan so I'm pretty fired up to see it. My son's chorale group at school does a medley of 4 Seasons' songs and he's a fan too.

Here's a little nugget for you. Joe Pesci's character in Goodfellas was named Tommy DeVito which is the name of the 4 Seasons' guitar player.

That's a nice little tip. Yeah you're gonna be blown away then by this production. it's just incredible.

rz-land

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:12 am 
Wants You

Ok, digging up this old post for my report.

We got into Manhattan early for a 10am workshop with some of the guys from the show at a small little theatre on 50th Street. There were about 5-6 different school groups there and during the 2 hrs. they went over a medley that they had sent out to the schools a couple of months ago. It was pretty cool listening to these kids singing together that had never met before yesterday. Then they went thru some dance moves and finally a Q&A session. The cast members were great and really engaged the kids.

After that it was off to lunch at http://www.ellensstardustdiner.com/ where the wait staff is comprised of aspiring Broadway singers. They had some really good singers I was amazed at how many of our kids were familiar with the various show tunes that they sung.

Finally, over to 52nd Street for Jersey Boys and man, was I blown away! I was already a fan of the great tunes but the performance and the staging just nailed me. The kids loved the show and my son was playing Four Seasons music all night after we got home.

I recommend the show heartily to anyone that gets a chance.