The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:55 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Berni_Armstrong wrote:
But I must admit they tasted delicious.

You lucky man!

Berni_Armstrong wrote:
And the smell still lingers in the car 4 days later ;)

That is, like, awesome!!

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:59 am 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Out of morbid curiosity, just when exactly is a thead considered too long? More than one reply? Two replies? One thousand replies? My answer would be, when the OP gets the question answered.

I'll certainly need to review the original constitution Robbie wrote when creating this site. I'm sure somewhere it mentions acceptable thread length in a forum with about one new post every 3 weeks. :roll:

rz-land

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:04 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Did I write something?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:36 am 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Just to finish off Berni- when the Stereo/Aux out is set to stereo >>> then what comes out of those outputs is the same as the phones out and the monitor outs (ie the stereo bus) It is when it is set to Aux that you get a different output.

There is absolutely no way that a signal sent from either the monitor out or the phones out will "drop" any part of the stereo bus mix. The only way something disappears from the mix is when the operator turns it down or off. If you send to Audacity on your computer via the phones out or monitor outs you will send whatever you can hear.

Reread the thread (it is a long one!!!) and you will see that this information was outlined in various messages. I remember finding the multi-use of the Pan knob some months after i got my machine. This info and a few other gems, when learned, will stick with you.

Following up on what Robbie advised, you should discover scenes.but what he did not mention in his description of the logical and physical values of the faders is that they can be observed if you look at the FADER screen, under the VIEW button. This shows a picture of the faders. If the physical value of a fader is different from the logical value ( as will happen after a scene change), then the pictured fader will have a darkened travel path, either above or bellow the pictured fader handle. You have to physically move the fader, (either the real fader or the pictured one) and when it passes by the logical value, as set by the scene, the dark path disappears. Then you know the software and the fader are synced. So have a look at the FADER screen. Also be aware that this screen toggles between track faders and input/Pad faders.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:05 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Good one Byron, I forgot to mention that.