The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:25 pm 
Lone Star

Machine type: AW1600
Hey. On the aw1600 Is it possible to transfer a fully mixed down song to your pc via USB? And if so how is it done? Also can I transfer the whole song plus the individual tracks at the same time to back up the song on my pc? I really want to eliminate having to back up to cd-r's. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:03 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
You can transfer the song by exporting wav files. In which fashion you send them to your computer is your call.

In the Work Navigate section, press the edit key. Scroll to export.

Move the cursor to the From TR field, and select the audio track that you want to write.

Note: If you select “1–16,” the current tracks of tracks 1–16 will be written as separate monaural WAV files.
If you select “1”–“16,” the single specified track will be written as a monaural WAV file.
If you select “1/2”–“15/16” or ST, the specified pair of tracks (or the STEREO track) will be written as a stereo WAV file.
If you selected 1–16, 1/2–15/16, or ST as the source for exporting, move the cursor to the From V.TR, From Start, and From End fields, and specify the virtual track number and region that will
be exported.

Check out page 136 and several pages beyond for the info. It's really a matter or practice to get familiar with it. If you don't have the manual, it's readily available on line!

As for backing up, I guess you can save folders to your computer. The CD method is preferred and easy for backup and restoring to your computer.

rz-land

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:30 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Do as Ron says to identify the needed data, but your choice as to how to get them to a PC once you have "Exported" is restricted to use of the Transfer folder. You can not burn a data disc of wav files on a 1600.

How to access the transport file is in the manual. The first step is to connect via USB. Ask if you need to get pointed in the right direction.

As Ron says, archive backup is best done by copying song (project) folders to a backup drive, again while connected via USB. There are no usable wavs in a song folder (to move to another platform). You have to use the transport folder as discussed above.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:33 pm 
No More Coasters!

You can definitely save 'song projects' from the AW1600 to your PC. They will show as .AWS files. Just copy the Song-1 and Song-2 folders to your PC and transfer song projects via USB from the 1600 to your PC via USB. I haven't done it in a while, but it's easy enough.

Same thing with Stereo Tracks ( mixdowns ). I believe that those are saved to the transport folder and again....they're easily transferred to the PC via USB.

Again...it's been a while, so I'm rusty on the specifics.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:09 am 
Lone Star

Thank you so much for all your help guys. It's much appreciated. I look forward to trying this all out.