The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:48 am 
City Slicker

Favourite food: chocolate
I have recently purchased a Macbook Pro and want to start using Garageband to record my songs. I was wondering is it possible to plug the guitar into my Aw16G in the normal way but connect the G to the Macbook so as to record the outputs on Garageband?

If there are any guides showing the set up and the settings rerquired on the G that would be most helpful.

Many thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:07 am 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
quite possible. You will have to send a signal out of the G to your mac. It will come out of the G via 1/4" pin and into the mac via the necessary input to the mac. So you will need a patch of 1/4" to ?. then you must decide how to come out of the G. your option are out of the monitor outs or out of one of the AUX outs. choose one and If you are not sure of how to do either, just ask. Someone will step you through it.

Don't forget that the G has a Modelling library if I'm not mistaken (it is on the 1600) Just hold the input button down and a screen will appear giving you options for amp and cabinet models that you can apply to the guitar signal before you send it, should you wish. these signals can be sent out to your mac.

Don't be shy. ask if you run into a wall.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:03 am 
City Slicker

Favourite food: chocolate
Thanks Byron.

I have managed to connect the guitar to the Macbook Pro via the Macbook's headphones socket then a couple of settings tweaks and I am able to record in Garageband.

The only problem with this is I cant get any playback while recording - the headphone socket mutes the speakers as soon as the plug goes in.

I have had a look at the G to see if I can get my head around trying to link it to the process enabling me to hear my playing through my studio monitors which are connected to the G.

So if you or any other members have a workaroud for this that would be great.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:52 am 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
It would be easy to get your playing sent to the Mac and also to hear it it on you monitors, using the Stereo/Aux out holes to go to the Mac whilst listening to your playing via the G's headphone monitor system, if it is simply a matter of hearing the guitar whilst the mac records that track. but....

So i understand correctly - is it your problem that there are tracks you wish to dub your guitar upon already on the Mac and you need to hear them also, in order to be able to play along ? If so, that is not so simple.