The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:50 pm 
City Slicker

Hello - experienced aw16g user here who recently acquired via eBay an aw1600 mainly for the USB capability. I mix in Adobe Audition on the PC and always exported tracks to cd in order to upload to mu computer.

Anyway, I have a track I want to export to my computer from the aw1600 and can't figure out how to make oit work. I don't have the correct driver and can't seem to locate that - I don't have the disc the machine came with either, or a manual. It doesn't seem like you can export to cd - only to an export folder that you then access through your computer I imagine via the USB connection - but my compouter doesn't seem to see it, or I get device driver errors - can somebody help me with this? I am not overly tyechnical either, so please explain carefully. I have exported to cd from the G many many times, so I am very familiar with the steps with the export function in the edit menu - just can't seem to make my PC see the AW1600 to pull the files from it.

Thanks - Matt

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:29 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
You are on the right track. True, the 1600 can not write a wav to cd, as does the G. Major oversite, IMHO.

You have to get the 1600 recognized by your PC. I myself have never had a problem, just plug it in and the pc recognized it

I have done this with 2 different pcs, both running XP, and also with a machine running Vista. I always get the found new hardware message, and I have never had any luck finding drivers that are the "correct" ones, but the machine works.

You will see two partitions in your list under MY Computer. the second one contains the transport folder.

What OS are you trying to connect with. I have never tried my machine with a windows 7 OS, so can't comment on that, should you have that OS. I will bench test my 1600 on my Windows 7 machine tonight, if you need a second opinion then.

Welcome to this place, lots of good people here to help you out. You will like your 1600, but with no CD writing for export, you have to get your USB problem sorted.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:33 pm 
Website Slayer and Problem Solver

Machine type: AW1600
Matt,

Note: Byron beat me to it, but here's some additional info.

Once you get the USB working, you'll love it! :)

Here's where you can get the AW1600 manual: http://www.dijonstock.com/index.php?page=the-docs-page

I don't think a special driver is needed to "see" the AW1600 drive from a PC via USB. The only driver supplied was a USB MIDI driver, if I remember. BTW that is also available on the above link as 1600USB.ZIP.

No, you cannot export WAV files to the CD drive with the 1600.

Start by connecting a USB cable between your PC and the 1600. Turn on the 1600. Press the UTILITY button until USB is highlighted on the left. The CONNECT screen button should be blinking. Now press the ENTER button.

When connected via USB, the 1600 should appear as 2 drives: AW1600-1 and AW1600-2. The Transport folder is only on one of the drives (don't remember which). Note: There is only one drive in the 1600, but it appears as 2 via USB.

Do you see either of these drives via USB when following the "connection steps" above?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:17 am 
HamelnStock Survivor and Midi Guru

Favourite food: the edible kind
Machine type: AW16G
Hi There. Do you have any other drive letters than C:\ on your pc ? If so remove them if you can and plug in the AW1600 again. Often if the drive letter is all ready taken you won't be able to see it on a pc. It may be visisble in the management console where you can change the drive letter. From XP on it should be come visible that way.

http://www.soundclick.com/bearinabubble