The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:37 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:26 am 
Dude

Favourite food: pizza
Machine type: AW16G
OK: I have an ESQ1, which is a keyboard with stereo outputs. Its patches can be set up so that an LFO can modulate the stereo panning dynamically. The result is that when the two outputs are routed directly to a pair of headphones, e.g., via a headphone mixer, the sounds travel back and forth in the stereo field. However, no matter what I have tried with the AW16G using the two outputs routed to a pair of inputs, the result is that they seem to have phase cancellation, or some such thing. The result is that the sound is a kind of modulating of the *apparent volume* rather than a modulation in the stereo field. I have tried various settings within the 'G', but to no avail. Comment is invited.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:13 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Kind of hard to diagnose without knowing which of the "various settings" you tried, but two things to check right off the bat - make sure the inputs you are plugged into are panned hard left/right (as well as the pan of the tracks to which you are recording). Also, make sure the phase reverse is not engaged on one of the two inputs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:04 pm 
Dude

JM wrote:
Kind of hard to diagnose without knowing which of the "various settings" you tried, but two things to check right off the bat - make sure the inputs you are plugged into are panned hard left/right (as well as the pan of the tracks to which you are recording). Also, make sure the phase reverse is not engaged on one of the two inputs.

Thanks! I will check into it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:52 pm 
Dude

Thanks, JM! I had not set up any channels for a recording yet. Also, the keyboard had been recently repaired and suspected possibly another fault in it. Turns out that when I set up the 'G' for a recording session and panned each channel hard to opposite sides, the intended effect went into place! I guess that hearing the blank channel at first, and then the strange "tremolo effect" once a signal did go through, caused me to go on a weird path to try to figure things out. All is good now, and thank you for the comments. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:04 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Glad you got it sorted out. 8)