The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:24 am 
Imperator

Favourite food: Jägerschnitzel
Machine type: AW16G
I seem to be having a reoccurring loss of parameters that I had saved to a scene.

I will load a tune I'm working on, restore the last scene, and start overdubbing or mixing, whereupon I eventually realize that, say, my compression settings for my bass track are gone, i.e. the compression settings that I supposedly saved under a scene have not re-loaded. I must re-set my dynamics settings (e.g. Byron hit factory bass compression) all over again.

The whole point of saving scenes on the G is to enable one to recall fx, EQ, dynamics, etc. But my scenes don't seem to be too reliable. Has anyone experienced this problem with the G or 1600?

Randy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:09 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
never had this issue. I have messed up scenes before, but always due to operator error.

Sometimes I have applied settings to the wrong track, in error. But more often the mistake will be application of a setting to an input rather than the target track. This, for me, is more related to the selection of the "layer" on the 2400. >> Much easier to be looking at inputs instead of tracks. On the G and 1600 there is not a "layered" display so the mistake would need be more "deliberate".

But I'd check out the similarly numbered input.

Also, this can be another pitfall of using scenes within a Tempo Map. But if you are not "automating" via a Tempo Map, then not an issue. On the 2400 though, using Automix this is definitely an issue, as a scene gets called up every time you RTZ >> Play.

Sometimes scenes get saved to the wrong slot ???

Important scenes need be protected so you are prompted to be more measured in your procedures. Let us know if this persists. there was a another unusual system issue in a recent thread, where tracks seemed to mysteriously be malfunctioning. :? Hopefully both mysteries will be somehow explained...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:29 am 
Imperator

Favourite food: Jägerschnitzel
Machine type: AW16G
I have not used the tempo map, useful tool that it might be. But I save scenes after each track is recorded and whenever I make EQ/fx adjustments, sub mixes, mixes, etc. I load the project, recall the last scene, and start to work. At some point my brow knits and I check panning or compression and find that the bypass switch is on or the panning is back to center default. I scratch my head, re-set the parameter, and store a new scene.

I'm not sure if it's this new (used) aw16g I bought off of reverb.com. It seems to function normally in every other way. I don't recall if my original g had this issue. It certainly seems to be like something that I've only encountered in the past several months. (shakes head)

I will check all my inputs though, to see if I have inadvertently made changes to them, thinking I'm adjusting a track. Wouldn't be too surprising, heh.