The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:00 pm 
Mr. Electonica Dude

Favourite food: Frog Legs
Machine type: AW4416
I'm in the home studio this morning rewiring and thinking about all the fun we had.

Don and Tina
Thank you for all your hard work on this project! It was so great to finally meet you and Tina. You are truly a great musician , audio tech, walking juke box and a pure joy to be around. This guy plays everything ! Knowing each other as intimately as we do , it was so cool to finally get to play with you. Congrats on the upcomming wedding. She's a good one coyote!

Tudan
Thanks for showing up and showing us how mighty Scotts play them drums. I know you had a busy schedule and taking time to attend during your trip to America was greatly appreciated by all. Locking up with you on some of the jams made the fuzz on my back stand up! This guy has to be seen to be believed. You are truly a gentle giant of a man!

Capptain
What a joy it was to finally hear you play live. You truly rock dude! The deal you and Tudan have is very special and I envy both of you. Thanks for the colaboration tips. Being the youngest member of the attendees , I believe you will go far. Never figured you for a calculus teacher though.
Thanks for letting me play the PRS. I feel in love with that one!

Buzz
Another younger player. A hard core bluesman. You could play blues all night in the same key as long as the cops would let you. I have met very few younger guys that devote themselves to the blues like you do. A true joy to me to meet and play with you. No I'm not mad about the Epi getting face planted. It seems to be just fine and doesn't have a scratch on it. ( I did have to tune on 'er a bit) :lol:

Scooter
I was amazed with all of your health problems the devotion you have to the music business. The attention to tone on your bass really impressed me. Very clean. Your overall knowledge of music , recording and the equipment is excellant. Love to hear more of your original stuff as I realized you were a more of a composer and not a cover player. We have a lot in common in this regard. Thanks for commin!

Eugene
There are very few people that I like in the first few seconds of a meeting.
You my friend , are the exception ! Being the most talanted of all the players there , I was in total awe of your unpretentious and humble nature. Your sense of humor being similar to mine was a hoot to be around. I haven't laughed as much or so hard in a long time. You were an inspiration to me on your abilities. The only guy I know that can wear out a melodica in 3 days! Pure fun!

Bartman
You are a slimey piece of doo doo. Sorry we missed you!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the memories guys!

geno

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:08 pm 
Lava Boy

Favourite food: Varies
Machine type: AW16G
Geno you were the spark and we were but fuel for the fire.

I will always be indebted to your hospitality in pulling this off.

Learning all (well some at least) of your editing tricks is icing on the cake - and its even sugar free for me :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:16 pm 
Tenderfoot

Favourite food: no animals
Machine type: AW2400
Thanks for the compliments Geno, however I am but a simple tinewhacker! I thought that every one of you guys were amazing musicians though - everybody brought along a very special talent and love for music to Texastock.

Me - well, I just tinker around with the little bits and pieces that I've picked up over the years. I'm hard -pressed to play a whole song all the way through without screwing it up somewhere along the line.

Now '61, there's a man who knows the lyrics and chords to about a million songs, a guy who can play these songs on guitar, or piano, or bass and sing every word - as they were intended to be sung. Now that's a real pro.

Then there's the tagteam of Cap'n and TuDan. Holy shit, you wanna talk about being humbled? These two have the funk I can only dream of having. Smokin' hot' tight grooves - I felt like sawing off my right arm at times while trying to add something worthwhile to those jams.

Then there's "stevie ray" Buzz - the kid's smiling nonstop while laying down the classic blues riffs he loves. I can still hear that huge voice of his "I tell you what, I just love playing this stuff!" He sure enough does!

And Scooter B - with that crazy custom setup - just showed up and fit right in, as though we'd all played together for years.

And then there's you, Geno. After hearing all your posts, and seeing your setup, I was thinking that electronica was going to be your thing. It's not your only thing though, is it - you bluesie-folkie-twangie geetarslinger. I tip my toque right back in your direction.

I gotta go whack some more tines for the old fogies concert. The old battleaxes shoot me the evil eye whenever I hit a bad note :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:51 pm 
Mr. Electonica Dude

Favourite food: Frog Legs
Machine type: AW4416
Ricky Recordo wrote:
I gotta go whack some more tines for the old fogies concert. The old battleaxes shoot me the evil eye whenever I hit a bad note :evil:

You'll do fine at the concert. I'm sure you won't have a load of Miller Lites onboard like you did here. :D

(jeeze , I can't imagine how good he is sober , this guy plays good sloberin drunk) :lol: :lol:

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:54 pm 
Dude

None of you know who I am but I know all of you (spooky, huh). I've been lurking this forum since it started up. I was more active in the old AW16G.com forum, and known there as chazz (i think). Anyway, enough about me.

It looks like you folks, especially mrskygod, have pulled off something of real merit; almost a miracle. I'm sorry to have missed it. It would have been awesome to have attended, though you wouldn't have seen me, I would have been lurking. 8) And for a native of Big "D", I would have been right at home! And to have met the legendary Tudan. Wow.

Congratulations on a successful event. - CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:27 pm 
Calf Cutter

welcome stalker! :lol:

Post subject: Now just one minute Geno
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:46 pm 
The General

I'll have you know that no one, no one....calls me a slimey piece of doo doo!

It's MR. Slimey Doo Doo!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wait a minute....my wife did call me that one time.

and even though the jabs are both warranted and in good fun.....for the record:

La fuerza de ventas en mi compañía se ha cortado a partir del 600 en 2001 a 182 en fecha hoy. Un poco menos que mitad de esa gente está debajo de mi reloj. Nuestra casa matriz hecha una visita no programada a Houston de L.A. para hacer lo que él hace lo más mejor posible... costes del corte de.."recklessly sin la consideración de las implicaciones del empleado o del cliente". Ése es código para los despidos. No podría, en buena conciencia, dejar la fortaleza indefensa.

Did I lapse into Spanglish again. Dios mio, Dios Del Cielo!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:00 pm 
Calf Cutter

Bartman wrote:
Did I lapse into Spanglish again. Dios mio, Dios Del Cielo!

Si amigo, pero no es problema.

So how do you set up your keyboard to get the accents in spanish?

Post subject: Es secreto
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:28 pm 
The General

Es muy secreto Senor N

Not really, Altavista Babel Fish online translation utility.