The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:42 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum rules

This is an announcements section. Only the moderator team can start new topics here. However you can respond to topics so you can always ask more specific questions about things that are being announced.

If you have a new question or suggestion, please create a new topic in the comments&suggestions section.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:16 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
To all users,

A couple of weeks ago phpBB released version 2.0.21 of the forum software. This weekend I'll perform the upgrade. That means the forum will probably be offline for half an hour somewhere in this weekend.

I'll replace the DijonStock logo for a brief announcement.

There is more news about the software: phpBB has released version 3.0 beta 1. That means there's going to be a 3.0 final release soon. This version will have many improved features and many new features. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Robbie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:27 pm 
Bot Buster - Ultraship Trainee

Good luck with the upgrade Robbie...

I know from past experience that phpBB upgrades generally go pretty smoothly and are problem free but ... when I start thinking like that and get in the "comfort zone", something always goes wrong! usually because I didn't RTFM :book: !

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:41 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

I always do a lot of reading before any upgrade. There's simply to much depending on it to let things go wrong by some sort of trial and error approach. I've done an upgrade here about 8 to 10 times and all went well every time, but I'm still a bit nervous when I do an upgrade.

The major upgrade to 3.0 will need a lot of reading. It's not like any other update. I'm probably going to rehearse that one, just like I rehearsed the move to a new hosting provider (and it turned out rehearsing was a wise thing to do). It will also need some planning. Minor updates are usually performed when no-one is present, that means that I do it whenever I get the chance. The major update will take more time so I'll announce a downtime. After the "rehearsal" I will know how long that is going to be. BTW there is no conversion program yet. That means that I can't upgrade an existing forum. Once the beta version is approved, phpBB will make a conversion routine for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:20 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Update to 2.0.21 done.

It seems to be working. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:51 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

In the meantime, there was a beta 2 and last week, phpBB released beta 3 of phpBB 3.0. I hope they will release the Release Candidate before the Christmas holidays, so I can upgrade. I'm also planning to do the move in the Christmas holidays.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating