The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:46 am 
Wants You

Machine type: AW16G
Quote:
'Goodnight' by Stacy

I was just enjoying that one myself yesterday. Hmmm..., I wonder if Stacy got that idea from watching the 'Good Night, Sleep Tight' KidSongs video? :wink:

Post subject: Belated Kudos
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:08 pm 
The General

Hello all,

When I got home from work yesterday my wife greeted me with a package from The Netherlands.

No, it wasn't Gouda......it was the...........the..............coveted Compilation CD! Thanks Robbie!!!!!

I scanned through all three disks on my 30 minute drive to work this morning and I must say that I am completely impressed....liner note brochure, great order of tunes and normalizing of levels.....again, well done Robbie!

One non-musical observation......We sure do have our fair share of bald and balding male forum members, don't we? Must be all that testosterone flowing through our blood! Yes, we are manly men!

I'm humbled by the talent level and creativity I've heard so far and I can't wait to dig in and give everything a proper listen.

Wow! Awesome job everyone.

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:27 pm 
Poco fan

I'm glad you got a copy of the Comp. Really good isn't it?
And I've been balding for half of my life and there are a few hairs that refuse to vacate the top of my head, so I keep 'em until they discover the cure. Heck, when I die, I think I'll have my head cryogenically frozen, then when they find the baldness cure, just thaw me out, put the cure on my head and VOILA - Bob's your uncle. :shock:

http://www.beccaandchuck.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:41 pm 
Lava Boy

Favourite food: Varies
Whooo Hooo!

My Nederland package arrived Monday and I have been listening in the car to and from work so far.

Wow I am very impressed at the quality and variety. This is what radio should be. I am not sure how it is in Europe but the programers in America have turned radio into an add selling business that does not allow for this level of variety.

The production is just darn near perfect for indie music! Nothing is over polished or over buried in reverb.

Just real good music and songwriting with good quality recordings.

I am humbled in our presence.

Hopefully I will be able to complete a couple of songs in time for the next one so I can submit one or two.

Good production job Robbie, 60's and good music so far from everyone.

There is not a single bad song on disc one and even with the wide variety it all blends nicely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:41 am 
Tenderfoot

bassoprofundo wrote:
Just thought I would say how much I like 'Goodnight' by Stacy. Just great! 8)

Well I really appreciate that. The idea to do that song was inspired entirely by my now 9 month old Ella Rose. I constantly play her the "classics" and after virtually ignoring Revolution #9, her eyes really perked up when she heard that song. "Goodnight" is one of Lennon's finest songs for its simplicity (though the chord progression isn't THAT simple in temrs of the way the bass moves and some of the treble voicings) but probably one of the least heard Beatle's songs EVER- due to it's location after Revolution # 9, and the fact that even the Beatles admit they really overdid that song...there was originally a long spoken intro that was dropped. Some friends of mine used to occasionally due whole albums, and the White Album was selected for one of thier shows...they did the whole album, and when they got to this song- the drummer danced across the stage naked to bubbles- in front of thousands of people!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:17 am 
Poco fan

stacy wrote:
bassoprofundo wrote:
Just thought I would say how much I like 'Goodnight' by Stacy. Just great! 8)

Well I really appreciate that. The idea to do that song was inspired entirely by my now 9 month old Ella Rose. I constantly play her the "classics" and after virtually ignoring Revolution #9, her eyes really perked up when she heard that song. "Goodnight" is one of Lennon's finest songs for its simplicity (though the chord progression isn't THAT simple in temrs of the way the bass moves and some of the treble voicings) but probably one of the least heard Beatle's songs EVER- due to it's location after Revolution # 9, and the fact that even the Beatles admit they really overdid that song...there was originally a long spoken intro that was dropped. Some friends of mine used to occasionally due whole albums, and the White Album was selected for one of thier shows...they did the whole album, and when they got to this song- the drummer danced across the stage naked to bubbles- in front of thousands of people!

That was such a great song to end that album with. Tortured for however many minutes of #9, #9, #9..............then right into the orchestration. Fantastic. But your pared down version is so lovely. Just a great lullabye.

Great drummer story by the way. :lol:

http://www.beccaandchuck.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:40 am 
Wants You

Good stuff for sure. You can learn a lot sitting down with just an acoustic guitar and figuring out Lennon songs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:25 am 
Tenderfoot

Bob Keelan wrote:
Good stuff for sure. You can learn a lot sitting down with just an acoustic guitar and figuring out Lennon songs.

No kidding-I was just listening to "Because" and the wonderful arpeggios he had...not far removed technically from the arpeggios in "I Wany You" a few songs earlier...but perfect!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:30 pm 
City Slicker

I was just browsing the forum and noticed this thread, I want to thank Robbie again for such a great job. I agree with the other comments, that even though the music is widely varied from artist to artist, the whole thing comes together like a multi-faceted gem. All the music is so so good! I am so humbled to be in such good company, we are an international group of musicians and I am very much looking forward to the next CD. Has anyone thought of a theme? Not to put limits on, but to allow a focus of some sort. I find it easier if I know the context that something might have. Anyone got some ideas on that? It could be something as simple as a reference to where the artist lives, (a global celebration of differences) or ??????????

Cheers, pj

Post subject: Sure
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:52 pm 
Rodeo Clown

Quote:
It could be something as simple as a reference to where the artist lives

Cool idea PJ, I'll get to work on my sunburn/dehydration song. :lol:

BTW, loved your stuff on the comp CD and daughter's too, sure seemed mainstream marketable to me, of which I'm quite envious. :wink: