The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Victorious
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:45 am 
Sodbuster

Favourite food: food
Not that this is the most exciting thing out there for all yall, but I did indeed get my AW2400.

It took two weeks from the point I paid for it until it arrived at my door. It did ship in the original box but there was no manual as it stated in the ad. But I am finding my way around it easily enough.

it takes up quite a bit of space, but I put away a lot of un-needed gear in the closet so I can just focus on ergonomics and easy access. The issue is I have a sampler that I want to use, but it's a big ole rack mount guy, and ideally it makes sense to have my big ole XP computer connected to that, but that takes up a lot of space itself. So I have those two things put away...

Now that I think about it I guess I could have the sampler underneath the AW, and do editing on the sampler... the computer is not necessary. It just needs MIDI from my sequencer. But using the sampler is almost an excuse not to try and play out parts live... The sampler would be good for chopping up parts, so they can line up to a MIDI tempo grid... maybe I need to think less technologically and just get going on stuff.

plus I need a song that is more than just A-B-A-B on guitar...

Who knows, maybe I'm meant to just write really short pieces of music at this time....

Anybody have ideas on how

Post subject: Re: Victorious
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:26 am 
Ranch Hand

Machine type: AW4416
Glad you got yourself sorted.
Happy New Gear :)
Make sure not to cover any ventilation slots if putting anything underneath.
Enjoy.

T.

https://tmacmusic12.wixsite.com/tmac

http://www.soundcloud.com/t-mac-12

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCjAzN ... ture=watch

https://www.reverbnation.com/tmac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:13 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Glad you got it. Now record something.

rz-land

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:36 pm 
Sodbuster

Favourite food: food
I've been recording with a condenser... just talking to friends who aren't here, and sending them mp3s :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:01 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
good luck. You now need to put out a watch for a y96k card from Wavs. discontinued gear, but there will be some used or surplus ones kicking about (more likely used). this card expands the "polished finish" capabilities tremendously.

No manual? It is good to have. there are some differences between this model and the G and 1600. Ask questions. Several of us here on this site know our way around.

My first hint will be to get used to using the "increase- decrease" buttons to adjust parameters, rather than the jog wheel , as is necessary on the smaller machines.

When you do - you can access increased speed of adjustment by holding the "other" button down. For EG. if you want to increase a parameter press the increase button ( while at the desired field). Upon depressing the increase button, then simultaneously press the decrease button. the rate of increase doubles. at about the halfway point it seems to quadruple. This feature is not mentioned in the manual. I read about it on a piece of Berringer Gear and decided to try it on the 2400. works like a charm, is often quicker than spinning the jog and preserves the jog wheel from over use and premature wear.

Also the shortcuts on the buttons beneath the screen are very useful when you integrate them into your workflow.