The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:29 pm 
Boot Polisher

Machine type: AW16G
Since there are so many guitar people here, I have a question. About 20 years ago, a friend gave me a guitar that she had stuffed in a closet for years before that. It's a Dan Electro hollow-body electric guitar. I couldn't find it on the net. Thought maybe someone here would know its value.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:05 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Greetings. Danelectro's are a spinoff of the old Silvertone guitar. My old guitar player back in high school had one. It came in a case that was also the amplifier. The store Sears uses to sell them. You might want to put the words Dan and Electro together as one and look again. It would help if you knew the actual year and model. I'm certain it's worth something, but if you don't need to seel, I would keep it.

rz-land

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:59 am 
Finds Manual Useful

Favourite food: Skunk Milk
Machine type: AW1600
They still sell danelectros as far as I know. Check ebay, which will give you some idea on how much it is worth. I saw one a while ago (new) & was surprised at how expensive it was.

They were made pretty cheaply from plywood in the 60's & had lipstick pick-ups. A friend had one (for a while) & I recall that I did not like it much. However, it is all down to taste. Jimmy Page used them in Led Zep so they must be OK.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:58 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Yeah, the Danelectro brand was revived within the last 10 years or so after being gone for a number of years, and most of their current stuff sells in the $300-500 range, but alas, that is clearly not what you have here.

Some of the old Dano stuff from the 60's is quite sought after, especially in good condition. Don't know much about it, but would love to see a picture of what you have. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:19 am 
Boot Polisher

I feel stupid but can someone tell me how to add a photo to a reply? I tried "drag & drop" and "copy & paste", but they don't work. I don't see a "download image" button anywhere on this reply page. The photos are .jpegs. Been trying to upload a few pix of this guitar. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:57 am 
The Reverend

Favourite food: cheddar-lol
sin, I think you need to upload your photo to a website... I use photobucket.com...its free... just register (yeah, I know, I'm not a big fan of that sort of thing either) and upload your pic...then, you create a link to that website of your pic on a dijonstock thread... there are many other sites available besides photobucket...do a search...

Salud!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:32 pm 
Greenhorn

If its an old Danelectro, this might help you identify it:
http://home.provide.net/~cfh/dano.html