The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:17 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
That's an idea. :)

Before we know it, we're eating something that tastes like beer, and drinking something that tastes like cheese. One little mistake and we're trying to swallow something that should be chewed first. Reminds me of the time when I involuntarily tried to inhale a piece of liquorice... not a good idea.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:26 am 
Imperator

Favourite food: Jägerschnitzel
Well, it is Sunday. Cheese. A little Brie, a little something from San Francisco. Two gin and tonics (2 fluid oz. Bombay gin, lime, tonic water, ice cubes). Half a bottle of a surprisingly complex Argentinian cabernet sauvigon. Beef steak. More vino roja. A twice-baked potato with Sauerrahm, dill Spitzen and bacon (topped with cheese, but I cannot divulge what variety, as Robbie will stone me). Spargel. I would make coffee, but it will keep me from sleep and I must go to work in the morning.

We played last night for a biker party, but we did not play well and I personally had many lapses of memory regarding arrangements. Also, the stage had walls on three sides and the acoustics were very difficult. When I obsess about my tone, volume, etc., I am prone to making mistakes with arrangements. Also, I am old. But we were well paid and had a discussion of why women just ________ at the bar after the gig with some decent bourbon on the rocks.

Did I mention that cheese was involved?

Robbie, are you interested in laying down some piano on an original I have kicking around?

Randy

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:59 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Hi Randy, I will not stone you whatever cheese you put on your bacon. With my eye-handcoordination I'd probably miss you anyway :)

Tell me more about the piano part?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:26 am 
Imperator

Hi Robbie,

I can't play the piano, but that does not stop me from recording keys on my tracks. However, on my current tune I envisioned a piano accompaniment which is certainly beyond my ability to create. I had someone local in mind but that's not going to pan out now. I know that people have collaborated with tracking here in the past and the idea popped into my head as I was posting about food, drink, and The Most Important Thing In The World.

I can post the tune in File Exchange. I'll have to burn a CD and make an mp3 out of the current version. Then you can give it a listen and see what you think. I don't know about the work files; I've backed up work files form my G before, but I've never opened the CDs to see what kind of files are being copied. I'm sure there is a simple method . . .

More later!
Randy

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:30 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Randy, I think the best way to go would be if you could upload a few wav tracks that I can upload to my machine. Mp3's are nice for listening, but I'd have to convert it to wav anyway, besides mp3's also appear to have timing issues sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:20 am 
Imperator

Hi Robbie,

Specifically, what do you mean by "a few wav tracks"? What should I export from my G? And then, post them on file exchange?

Randy

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:23 am 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
If u both have the G, do a backup of the song to disk. That way u can send Robbie the disk and he can load the song with settings.

rz-land

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:33 am 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Recently Blacho and I have exchanged complete .AWS files using Dropbox ( via USB export on our 2400's). Worked well, after we ironed out a few wrinkles, but those were our issues and not typical -- just ineptness. Once we got our procedure straight it worked like a charm. The file exchange, on this forum, is essentially the same but is limited to 150 mb. Perhaps Robbie could adjust the limit to allow your .aws file to be exchanged right on the forum's file exchange. But on the G there is no USB, so you are going to have to go to disc first, in some manner to get the wavs out

You could do a 2816 type of backup, to get just the wavs and send just those, via file exchange on the forum.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:35 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

The limit of the file exchange section, forumwise, is 150 mb. The bad news is that the server settings are limited to 50 mb and there's not much I can do about it. I might send the hoster some cheese hoping they will stretch it to 70 or 80 mb.

You can export the separate tracks by pressing the edit button repeatedly until you get to the last menu: export. Then, using the arrow keys, select the track number. Turn the jog dial clockwise until it says 1-16. For timing, set the start time to 00:00:00.000. Set the end time to whatever the end time is (select the end time using the arrow keys, then press the mark search right button repeatedly until you've reached the end of the song, then press enter to write that time in the end time specification). Using the arrow keys, select the exec button, put an empty CD in the CD unit and press enter.

Using this procedure the separate tracks will be written to CD. Using your computer, you can upload the tracks to the file exchange section. The size of one track is about 5 MB for every minute, so a 5 minute song will produce 25 MB files which is no problem for the file exchange section.