The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:30 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Safety alert
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:17 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Lotte passed her driving test, she'll have the actual license next monday, so she will start driving.

It's going to be weird. My little one driving the car...

So if you're in the neighbourhood... watch out!

Haha... I'n quite convinced she will be a safe driver.

And she will do the shopping... no more supermarkets for me. Yeehaw!

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

Post subject: Re: Safety alert
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:44 pm 
Greenhorn

Favourite food: KETO
Machine type: AW4416
i remember when our daughter first got her permit then liscense ...
quite a bit of worry at first ... various newbie issues about caring about mom and dads car, speeding, defensive driving etc.
after the first couple of "incidents" :shock: , everything worked out fine ... =D>
she has become a very safe driver and sorta fearless when it comes to traveling ...

your personal experiences may vary :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:31 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
my two girls -- the eldest was not anxious to try, had to be forced to get a learners permit, got her G1 (0.00 alcohol and no 400 series highways), then she waited the full several years to try the G2 level in our graduated system then missed on her first try ( went too slow in an 80 km zone at the edge of town was one reason given) and her G1 expired so she had to start all over and got it after some stress causing lessons etc., but there were a few years between these periods. Now she is a good driver, backs up trailers competently and lives in a remote city where you have to drive distance to get anywhere.

The younger girl was keen from birthday of eligibility, went through the stages on her own motivation, passed quickly to the G2 and is a good driver. but she is the only one who has had an accident, driving off the road when she was first licensed into a ravine at slow speed about 100 meters from our house as she was distracted looking down to get some food she took with her as she was late for a choir practice, which she really didn't want to go to and so was in a grouchy mood. Luckily I got a tow truck (actually 2 trucks) to winch her back to the road, before the cops got alerted, but the car was totaled with scrapes and broken windows front to back from the trees in which she became lodged, suspended above a small creek, with a full gas tank that began leaking from the lines as a result. That would also prompt the fire department and Environment Authorities to attend. so getting her out with cash to the tow drivers on that Sunday afternoon avoided charges, insurance implication and possible environmental cleanup costs. The car was up on the road within about an hour and then directly to the wreckers. A $10K choir practice. she was teased relentlessly by some of her male friends for a bit but has become a very cautious driver as a result.

Good luck with it all Robbie. Not too many ravines in the Netherlands, but lots of ditches and canals.!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:48 am 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Certainly hard to believe she is old enough to drive. Especially when I look at the art she did for me years ago. Here in the States, at 15 you can get a learner’s permit. It allows you to practice driving with adult supervision. At 16 you can take the written and drivers tests and earn your own driver’s license.

rz-land