The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 10:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:19 pm 
Tenderfoot

Machine type: AW2400
Aggggh! Did it again.

Different error notification, same result. This time I received a system error when optimising. I now have parts of tracks in weird places. Reloaded the song from backup - works ok. Can't delete old file - same as last time. This has happened two projects in a row now. I'm hoping to be able to complete these two projects before reformatting.

No special leadup this time except many, many takes. I optimise after every successful take and leave any editing for a special session after I have successfully backed up. And I'm not so quick of finger.

File lockup can be reproduced at a specific point on a VT from play mode, simply by pushing the stop button and I know from my previous experience that re-recording this section and the tracks with incorrect parts (which are way earlier in the song) will not fix this file.

So, I'm guessing that the file was so fragmented the software just ran out of puff - considering all the fragmented data has to be retrieved in real time from any start point.

It seems obvious that reloading a backup does not load it into the same physical disc locations but can anyone confirm that reloading a backup will result in a less fragmented song file?

Thanks - I think I may metamorphise into bugman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:45 am 
Mr. Electonica Dude

Favourite food: Frog Legs
Machine type: AW4416
bugman wrote:
No special leadup this time except many, many takes. I optimise after every successful take and leave any editing for a special session after I have successfully backed up. And I'm not so quick of finger.

Now thats using yer head for something besides stereo separation for your ears.

How quickly we learn when our hard earned project takes crap right in front of us.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.