The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:05 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:50 pm 
Lone Star

Favourite food: chinese
Machine type: AW4416
Hi there,

I'm new here and own an AW4416 and an AW16G. For the last one I'm looking for the latest BOOT OS. I already have the firmware version 'FIRM OS 1.06'. I had version 1.02 (BOOT OS) on the machine but after 'upgrading' with the CD I got from Yamaha Benelux it was set back to v1.00 :|.

I hope someone can help me out?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:52 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Hoi Ron,

Welkom op ons forumpje! :)

Heb je de docs-page al bekeken? www.dijonstock.com en dan in het menu kijken. I think you'll find what you need. Cheers!

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:58 pm 
Lone Star

Robbie wrote:
Hoi Ron,

Welkom op ons forumpje! :)

Heb je de docs-page al bekeken? http://www.dijonstock.com en dan in het menu kijken. I think you'll find what you need. Cheers!

Hi Robbie,

dank voor je warme welkom (Thanks for your kind words of welcome). I already downloaded some of the stuff but I can't figure out which one of them has the latest BOOT OS. Maybe you can help me out?

Kind regards, Ron 8)

Last edited by ronweb1 on Fri May 17, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:06 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Welcome from one Ron to another. I can't help you sorting out the OS firmware, but either Robbie or a few of the other techies around here will get you up and running soon.

Enjoy your stay at Cheeseland!

rz-land

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:16 pm 
Lone Star

RZ wrote:
Welcome from one Ron to another. I can't help you sorting out the OS firmware, but either Robbie or a few of the other techies around here will get you up and running soon.

Enjoy your stay at Cheeseland!

Thanks for your friendly welcome, Ron

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:07 pm 
HamelnStock Survivor and Midi Guru

Favourite food: the edible kind
Hi there, Welcome.

i think this link may help you. http://www.dijonstock.com/uploads/docs/AW16PROG.bin

Required Files/Hardware:
Zip File with the newest AW16G Operating System Computer with CD-RW drive for creating the firmware CD This document
Step 1:
Pleasedecompress the firmware-files out of the Zip File. There are two files which are needed for the Update. AW16PROG(firmware program) and AW16BOOT(Boot software).
Create an standard ISO data CD and put both files into root directory of the CDROM. AW16G cannot access any folder and the update would fail.
Step 2:
Startup AW16G normally and put the Firmware CD into the CD drive. Shut down AW16G.
Please power on while pressing [SELECT](left side of the QUICK LOOP SAMPLER PAD)+[SONG]+[REMOTE] switches. The Updater screen will appear after some seconds.
Start the Update by pressing the [ENTER] switch. Don ́t power off the unit or interrupt the Update in any other way, until the update is finished.
Step 3:
Check if the new OS is successfully installed. Restart AW16G. When the Yamaha Logo appears, press and hold the "Utility" key until the software information window will be shown in the display.

http://www.soundclick.com/bearinabubble

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:14 am 
Lone Star

fordirk wrote:
Hi there, Welcome.

i think this link may help you. http://www.dijonstock.com/uploads/docs/AW16PROG.bin

Required Files/Hardware:
Zip File with the newest AW16G Operating System Computer with CD-RW drive for creating the firmware CD This document
Step 1:
Pleasedecompress the firmware-files out of the Zip File. There are two files which are needed for the Update. AW16PROG(firmware program) and AW16BOOT(Boot software).
Create an standard ISO data CD and put both files into root directory of the CDROM. AW16G cannot access any folder and the update would fail.
Step 2:
Startup AW16G normally and put the Firmware CD into the CD drive. Shut down AW16G.
Please power on while pressing [SELECT](left side of the QUICK LOOP SAMPLER PAD)+[SONG]+[REMOTE] switches. The Updater screen will appear after some seconds.
Start the Update by pressing the [ENTER] switch. Don ́t power off the unit or interrupt the Update in any other way, until the update is finished.
Step 3:
Check if the new OS is successfully installed. Restart AW16G. When the Yamaha Logo appears, press and hold the "Utility" key until the software information window will be shown in the display.

Hi Fordirk,

thanks for taking time to help me out. I've downloaded the AW16PROG.BIN. This isn't a ZIP-file so I can't extract anything. Do you mean when I burn this to a CD it will find both the files you mentioned or do I have to combine this file with the other two files out of the ZIP-file with the firmware update 1.06?
I took a better look and found out that the BOOT OS v1.00 is dated may 2002. The BOOT OS v1.02 was dated xx july 2002. That is the BOOT OS I'm looking for. Maybe it is the v1.02 of an AW1600??

kind regards,
Ron

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:22 pm 
HamelnStock Survivor and Midi Guru

Favourite food: the edible kind
Sorry for causing confusion. the zip file is http://www.dijonstock.com/uploads/docs/ ... 0V1.06.zip

http://www.soundclick.com/bearinabubble

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:28 am 
Lone Star

fordirk wrote:
Sorry for causing confusion. the zip file is http://www.dijonstock.com/uploads/docs/ ... 0V1.06.zip

Thamks again. I already downloaded that ZIP-file. This one has FIRM OS v1.06 and BOOT OS v1.00. When I got my AW it had FIRM OS v1.03 and BOOT OS v1.02. I asked about it by Yamaha Europe and got the answer that 1.00 was the latest version?? Strange but I think I have to deal with that. My AW functions pretty well so there are no problems. I think I do not search any further and stick to the v1.00.

Greetings,
Ron

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:10 pm 
Website Slayer and Problem Solver

Machine type: AW1600
I wouldn't worry about the boot software version. It only "runs" when loading the OS from the drive. After that it should do nothing, until you power on again.