The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:05 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:50 pm 
Offline
Lone Star

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Posts: 5
Favourite food: chinese
Machine type: AW4416
Hi there,

I'm new here and own an AW4416 and an AW16G. For the last one I'm looking for the latest BOOT OS. I already have the firmware version 'FIRM OS 1.06'. I had version 1.02 (BOOT OS) on the machine but after 'upgrading' with the CD I got from Yamaha Benelux it was set back to v1.00 :|.

I hope someone can help me out?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:52 pm 
Offline
Robbie The Botkiller
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:46 pm
Posts: 5120
Location: Netherlands
Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Hoi Ron,

Welkom op ons forumpje! :)

Heb je de docs-page al bekeken? www.dijonstock.com en dan in het menu kijken. I think you'll find what you need. Cheers!

_________________

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:58 pm 
Offline
Lone Star

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Posts: 5
Favourite food: chinese
Machine type: AW4416
Robbie wrote:
Hoi Ron,

Welkom op ons forumpje! :)

Heb je de docs-page al bekeken? http://www.dijonstock.com en dan in het menu kijken. I think you'll find what you need. Cheers!


Hi Robbie,

dank voor je warme welkom (Thanks for your kind words of welcome). I already downloaded some of the stuff but I can't figure out which one of them has the latest BOOT OS. Maybe you can help me out?

Kind regards, Ron 8)


Last edited by ronweb1 on Fri May 17, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:06 pm 
Offline
Spaminator Extraordinaire
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 8200
Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Welcome from one Ron to another. I can't help you sorting out the OS firmware, but either Robbie or a few of the other techies around here will get you up and running soon.

Enjoy your stay at Cheeseland!

_________________
GSMUSIC: Hey RZ, Im not no upper class american, the gear I own is what I have special to me. My car sucks, my house sucks, my nieghborhood sucks. Does yours RZ? Does it?

rz-land


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:16 pm 
Offline
Lone Star

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Posts: 5
Favourite food: chinese
Machine type: AW4416
RZ wrote:
Welcome from one Ron to another. I can't help you sorting out the OS firmware, but either Robbie or a few of the other techies around here will get you up and running soon.

Enjoy your stay at Cheeseland!


Thanks for your friendly welcome, Ron


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:07 pm 
Offline
HamelnStock Survivor and Midi Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:20 am
Posts: 2694
Location: Belgium
Favourite food: the edible kind
Machine type: AW16G
Hi there, Welcome.

i think this link may help you. http://www.dijonstock.com/uploads/docs/AW16PROG.bin

Required Files/Hardware:
Zip File with the newest AW16G Operating System Computer with CD-RW drive for creating the firmware CD This document
Step 1:
Pleasedecompress the firmware-files out of the Zip File. There are two files which are needed for the Update. AW16PROG(firmware program) and AW16BOOT(Boot software).
Create an standard ISO data CD and put both files into root directory of the CDROM. AW16G cannot access any folder and the update would fail.
Step 2:
Startup AW16G normally and put the Firmware CD into the CD drive. Shut down AW16G.
Please power on while pressing [SELECT](left side of the QUICK LOOP SAMPLER PAD)+[SONG]+[REMOTE] switches. The Updater screen will appear after some seconds.
Start the Update by pressing the [ENTER] switch. Don ́t power off the unit or interrupt the Update in any other way, until the update is finished.
Step 3:
Check if the new OS is successfully installed. Restart AW16G. When the Yamaha Logo appears, press and hold the "Utility" key until the software information window will be shown in the display.

_________________
In a minute it might be gone. Life is a bear in a bubble.

http://www.soundclick.com/bearinabubble


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:14 am 
Offline
Lone Star

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Posts: 5
Favourite food: chinese
Machine type: AW4416
fordirk wrote:
Hi there, Welcome.

i think this link may help you. http://www.dijonstock.com/uploads/docs/AW16PROG.bin

Required Files/Hardware:
Zip File with the newest AW16G Operating System Computer with CD-RW drive for creating the firmware CD This document
Step 1:
Pleasedecompress the firmware-files out of the Zip File. There are two files which are needed for the Update. AW16PROG(firmware program) and AW16BOOT(Boot software).
Create an standard ISO data CD and put both files into root directory of the CDROM. AW16G cannot access any folder and the update would fail.
Step 2:
Startup AW16G normally and put the Firmware CD into the CD drive. Shut down AW16G.
Please power on while pressing [SELECT](left side of the QUICK LOOP SAMPLER PAD)+[SONG]+[REMOTE] switches. The Updater screen will appear after some seconds.
Start the Update by pressing the [ENTER] switch. Don ́t power off the unit or interrupt the Update in any other way, until the update is finished.
Step 3:
Check if the new OS is successfully installed. Restart AW16G. When the Yamaha Logo appears, press and hold the "Utility" key until the software information window will be shown in the display.


Hi Fordirk,

thanks for taking time to help me out. I've downloaded the AW16PROG.BIN. This isn't a ZIP-file so I can't extract anything. Do you mean when I burn this to a CD it will find both the files you mentioned or do I have to combine this file with the other two files out of the ZIP-file with the firmware update 1.06?
I took a better look and found out that the BOOT OS v1.00 is dated may 2002. The BOOT OS v1.02 was dated xx july 2002. That is the BOOT OS I'm looking for. Maybe it is the v1.02 of an AW1600??

kind regards,
Ron


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:22 pm 
Offline
HamelnStock Survivor and Midi Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:20 am
Posts: 2694
Location: Belgium
Favourite food: the edible kind
Machine type: AW16G
Sorry for causing confusion. the zip file is http://www.dijonstock.com/uploads/docs/ ... 0V1.06.zip

_________________
In a minute it might be gone. Life is a bear in a bubble.

http://www.soundclick.com/bearinabubble


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:28 am 
Offline
Lone Star

Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Posts: 5
Favourite food: chinese
Machine type: AW4416
fordirk wrote:
Sorry for causing confusion. the zip file is http://www.dijonstock.com/uploads/docs/ ... 0V1.06.zip


Thamks again. I already downloaded that ZIP-file. This one has FIRM OS v1.06 and BOOT OS v1.00. When I got my AW it had FIRM OS v1.03 and BOOT OS v1.02. I asked about it by Yamaha Europe and got the answer that 1.00 was the latest version?? Strange but I think I have to deal with that. My AW functions pretty well so there are no problems. I think I do not search any further and stick to the v1.00.

Greetings,
Ron


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:10 pm 
Offline
Website Slayer and Problem Solver
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:28 am
Posts: 1259
Location: 1/2 Central CA Coast; 1/2 RVing
Machine type: AW1600
I wouldn't worry about the boot software version. It only "runs" when loading the OS from the drive. After that it should do nothing, until you power on again.

_________________
Ralph (aka The Head Hog)
"What's Time to a Hog?"
Hog Time Music Website - My Songs on Soundclick -


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group