The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:14 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:21 am 
Welcome to the Forum!

Favourite food: Pizza
Machine type: AW1600
Oh hello,
I've been scanning this forum for months and I finally decided to post my issue with the aw1600.
My issue is that my aw1600 has become unrecognizable as a mass storage device.
When I first got the aw1600, the two drives would pop up when I put it into usb storage mode via the utilities page. But now, they never come up! I've tried everything - formatting, updating software, even removing the hard drive and reformatting elsewhere.
Formatting it through the Utility menu doesn't work either.

Has anyone had a similar problem?
Can anyone help?

THANK YOU!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:30 am 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Have you tried hooking the AW up to another computer? Does it behave the same? does your AW say connected on the screen after you have done the Utility button USB routine.

Is your machine behaving regularly otherwise?

Welcome to the forum. What took you so long?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:17 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Welcome to the forum, Mr. Smith. Make yourself at home.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:23 pm 
Welcome to the Forum!

Favourite food: Pizza
Machine type: AW1600
Thanks for the response!

The same thing happens with any computer - and it does claim to be connected on the screen.
I've been having "cd or hd access errors" for a while - which unfortunately prevents me from backing anything up. But other than that everything else works well.
I want to have the usb access to at least be able to store what I have, but I can't.

I feel there is something wrong between the aw1600 and it's usb function. The drive itself works fine. I inserted it into an external inclosure and the two AW1600 drives popped up perfectly - weird huh?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:18 pm 
HamelnStock Survivor and Midi Guru

Favourite food: the edible kind
Machine type: AW16G
Hello Mr Smith ! :)

What happens with your system may have other reasons. Try this.

Right click the "My computer Icon" and choose Manage. In this screen look on the left for DiskManagement. (i'm translating from a dutch system so the names may be somewhat different. If it's inacurate tell me and i'll look up a English system).

Click on disk management. Maximize the screen. Look what drives are available withput the AW plugged in, in the lower half of the screen. You should at Disc 0 an problay Disc 1 and Some DVD or CDRom. (but i'm guessing you will see more drives) Now Plug in your AW and make sure it's switched on.

Does your drive Apear there ? If so, Right click the partition (The part with the blue line on top) and choose "Change driveletter and paths". In the upper half of the screen you can check what drive letters (C:, D: etc.) are already taken. Change the drive letter for your AW to one that has not been assigned yet. It should appear. Now do the same for the second one.

Sometimes one drive will mask another. It is recognized but does not show because the driveletter is taken.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Please tell us what you use your AW for (don't tell us it's for recording fo course ... :wink: )

P.S. I just read "removing the hard drive and reformatting elsewhere. " that would effectively wipe al data on it and even the software ?? You would no longer be able to start the AW and not even reinstall the OS. At least if it works like AW16G. Bear with us you'll get more help from others.

http://www.soundclick.com/bearinabubble