The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:10 am 
Tenderfoot

Machine type: AW2400
On my G, I sometimes get tracks that skip. Recently, I had 4 x paired tracks coming in at once on a chorus and one track would come in a beat late and catch up within two measures. I think it was because I edited the start of each pair right up to the start point of the chorus to get a cold clean start.

Firstly, I deleted all markers, as markers within edited areas have caused me problems in the past. I found by that by switching all but the offending track to empty virtuals and playing the track from zero, it would play right through ok.

Secondly, I bounced that track to an empty pair of virtuals, from zero to end of song so I had one continuous file.

Thirdly, I bounced it back to the original pair. (Could have copied but wasn't game).

Problem solved.

This may work for you. I have found that if I continue working on a song with a skipping track, it will eventually be corrupted and have to be discarded.