The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:05 am 
City Slicker

Favourite food: steak
I've got a song that I haven't been able to get back to the Yamaha. I tried the transport folder WAV import, but the data doesn't show up on the page afterward (no song info or exec. button), and I've copied and pasted directly into the song folder, and the song shows up as being in the folder on the computer, but it doesn't show up in the songlist on the 1600. I've opened the backed up version on my hard drive, and all the audio and render files are there, but it's acting like a ghost. Any clues, anybody?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:14 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Welcome to the forum.

I don't have a 1600, but a G, so I can't go any further than a guess.

Would it be possible you have to import WAV's into an existing song? That would mean you have to start a new song, that is obviously empty, and import the wavs into that song.

It's nothing more than a guess, but I'm sure a 1600 owner will come along shortly and help better.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:34 am 
City Slicker

Thanks, Robbie

It's worth trying. I haven't gotten any help on the AWInspire site in the last 2 weeks. Ralph (HogTime) sent me over here. I read and appreciated some of your comments on the BUGS section today, by the way. Nice stuff on fattening vocals or setting levels for mastering, I don't remember which.

I'll let you know what I can make work. Damn those smilies, though (over on the left). I try to ignore them, but they keep making faces at me.

R

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:08 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Two ideas

Is the song actually in the song folder, or is it perhaps sitting on the HD partition, but beside the Song folder rather than in it?

The transport folder really has nothing to do with a song's reimportation. If you have made wavs at some point you could import the wavs back to a new song. The transport folder would be in play in this case, but you would have planned this method and would not be stumped at this point, I would guess. Make sure the song is in the song folder.

When you do use the transport folder to move files about, files that are at a different bit rate than the current song do not appear as available for import to that song, even though they are in the transport folder.

If the song is in the song folder, it is my experience that it shows up in the list. If the song is on the list but will not open, the data is corrupt (I think there is a message given by the 1600 at this point), and I have read of no way to restore such a corrupted song.

Please confirm the method by which you took the song off the Yamaha in the first place, as this would influence the appropriate advice. Hope it is not in the song folder, rather than being corrupt.

byron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:50 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Machine type: AW16G
Welcome to the forum, Rascal. I have a G as well, so can't help with the transport folder questions, but if the smilies on the left creep you out, for goodness sake don't click on "view more smilies."

:no: :bat: :naka: :tongue3: :glasses5: :violent2: :pottytrain5:

:cheerws: :cheeree: :cheerblue: :cheeryellow: :cheergrey: :cheergreen: :cheerred:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:12 pm 
City Slicker

Hi Byron; thanks.

I moved the song from the Yamaha to the PC by copying and pasting. I didn't "make WAVs" (is that a metaphor? yuk yuk). Maybe Robbie's advice is the way to go: create a new song w/the same title on the Yamaha, and import WAV files into it via the transport folder.

What is the HD partition, anyway? Is that like the clipboard? I guess the song is there, because even though the window indicates that it pasted into the song folder, it's not in the song list on the Yamaha.

At least it's not corrupted, I guess. It's only a guitar accompaniment track so far, so it wouldn't be much to lose, but I need to be confident that I can get songs back onto the Yamaha before I start deleting them to make room for others.

I've restored other songs successfully. I've simply copied and pasted them. I restored a different song at the time, copying and pasting, and it showed up on the list in the Yamaha.

I didn't go into the transport folder until that method failed with the one I'm writing about. At first I was getting a "not enough room" message, so I made room, and it seemed to paste just fine, like I said, but... here we are.

R-Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:35 am 
City Slicker

Well, the song is corrupt. I backed up everything, and initialized the HD, and dragged and dropped it into the song folder, along with another song, which played just fine. Again, it showed up in the folder, but not the song list. And I got a 'data corrupted' message.

How do songs get corrupted in the first place, anyway?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:21 am 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
rascalfareye wrote:
Well, the song is corrupt. I backed up everything, and initialized the HD, and dragged and dropped it into the song folder, along with another song, which played just fine. Again, it showed up in the folder, but not the song list. And I got a 'data corrupted' message.

How do songs get corrupted in the first place, anyway?

Here is an answer to a question you posed 12 years ago!!

Songs can be corrupted if you mess around with the name at all on the PC. I thought it would be smart to rename an archived song (project) for better recall later, but that confused the machine when restoring the project (song). When the original name was restored, the file reloaded as expected.

I learned this after this thread was no longer active, but would need to refresh my memory of how I came to know this. I recall that there is some sort of a SYS file in each song that must match the folder's "name.AWS". Not outlined in the manual though so I will look next time I am at my machine. If you still have that old corrupt file in your archive we might be able to retrieve it!!!

Perhaps you now know what is a partition ??? Th Aw has one HD but it is in two section (partitions). Each has a song folder. New projects are assigned by the machine, but it does not matter into which a song to be restored is placed ( unless that partition may not have enough room )

The transport folder sometimes has trouble with long (ie large) files too, i have since learned (quite recently actually).