The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:26 am 
Dude

I just recived an older gateway labtob that is still in good condtion. I know absolutely nothing about connecting the aw16g to the labtob. I looked on the the aw16g and i didnt find any USB out. What type of chord would connect the two? I am pretty clueless! Can anyone help me? ....Also what type of software would people reccomend Cubase, Audacity, Logic...etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:10 am 
The Reverend

Favourite food: cheddar-lol
Machine type: AW16G
No USB on the AW16G...you'd have to get a AW1600 for that...Most software available now is fantastic and usually way over my head...Audacity is free and easy...Other good ones are Sony's Acid and Fruity Loops...someone will be along soon who has more knowledge than I...

By the way, welcome!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:06 am 
Master of Logic

Hi Capita,

Depends what you mean by connect. Do you want to play sounds from the laptop into the G or the other way round.

Whichever, you are going to need a decent sound interface. There are a bunch of good USB ones around suitable for use with a laptop (I use the Mackie Spike myself).

As for software, as Bok said, there's a lot of software to choose from, again depending on what you want to do.

I will use my robot hand for good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:34 am 
Dude

Thanks alot for your feedback. Im interested in being able to play from the g onto a software that also records so i can visually edit my songs or even seperate tracks. Is this even possible to do without buying a new interface? Also, how would you take a song thats already saved on your g and upload it onto the labtob with out burning a cd and saving it on the labtob

do you guys know any websites that have the cord im looking for so i could connect the g to my labtob?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:59 am 
The Reverend

Favourite food: cheddar-lol
Machine type: AW16G
Basically, Drum is right on the money...Recording on the G is pretty cool......I'm not trying to be an "a-ho", but you mean laptop("p" emphasized) right? After you've finished, then you transfer to your computer for editing, mixdown etc...

As far as I know, there is no G to laptop cord...you gotta just burn the CD's, son :D ..they're so cheap anyway, it's just the extra step thats a pain...

...'cuse me if I sound altered...

:lol: I am, thanks to Senor Herrradura.