The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:30 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:54 pm 
Tenderfoot

Machine type: AW2400
IKMultimedia have this plug-in (VST, RTAS, AU/PC or Mac) on special until Feb 29. It consists of nine digitally-modelled vintage hardware units (60s) and a shell for chaining them together. You get both plug-in and standalone versions.

Pricing is strange. Normally $US499 or $299 if you already own an IK product (I would say not worth $499)
On promotion it is $199/$99. So I picked mine up for $99. I think it is worth the money on first tinkering.

It is quite different to Ozone, as some of the units intentionally colour the sound a la tube vintage gear.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:04 am 
Former Computer Geek

Favourite food: Pizza, E.Coast plz!!
Machine type: AW1600
I use it sometimes. It's very nice for adding analog warmth. The only problem i have with it is the resolution on the meters. I can't get the songs to sit right where I want them.. Too loud or not loud enough. But it does have a very unique sound and the eqs response is lovely.

Beer

I LOVE THIS!!! Ted Stevens, 82-year-old US Senator from Alaska and chairman of the Senate Committee on Science, Commerce and Transportation, for explaining in a speech how the Internet actually works: “It’s a series of tubes.”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:24 am 
Tenderfoot

Machine type: AW2400
After using this for a few months, I thought I would post some followup.

Yes, it is wonderful for analogue warmth but I also have trouble with making it sit in the mix sometimes. The brickwall limiter does work well.

I still use Ozone as my main mastering tool but I use it more gently now (after the initial excitement of everything being louder). It has really shown me how overcompressed and awful a lot of CDs are today. I guess if you are young enough not to have heard anything else, you accept that as normal - what a pity.