The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:09 pm 
Welcome to the Forum!

Machine type: AW16G
Hi, im new to this forum, as i've never had any real problems using my aw16g before...
But now i have:

I'm exporting wav files of individual tracks to cdr, and they all worked absolutely fine, except for one single track, which stops at the 17% point then says "memory full"...
I've deleted loadsa stuff to make space, and optimised everything on the hard drive, but still keeps happening...

Tracks 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,11,13 all exported fine, but track 9 won't work.
-I even tried moving it to a different track to see if that would work, but it didn't...

I'm frustrated by this, cos i've successfully exported wavs loadsa timesd in the past, and i really need to get it done ASAP in order to send the files to a band..!

I've read through loadsa other posts already on here, every single one possibly relating to this problem, but haven't found a solution yet...

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot eh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:29 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Welcome to the forum Mr. Skank.

Copying to a different track and retry is what I would have done first and that is what you've done.

How about making a copy of the song and retry with the copy?

Or, make a backup of the song to CD in standard format, and reload it, and try with the reloaded version? (before reloading you need to rename the original to be able to tell them apart because otherwise they'll have the same name)

Or, make a backup in 2816 format to try the same?

What does any kind of edit on that particular track do? For instance, insert a few ms at the beginning. The G has to rewrite the file that contains the track and it might repair the "damage".

Erm... make a mixdown to stereo track using only that particular track and copy it back to a free track... and try to export that track (or the stereo track)? (assuming that the track that gives this problem is a mono track, mixdown putting the pan completely L and copy only the L side of the stereo track, giving you a mono copy_

Erm... erm... assuming playing back that track is working, a bounce operation to an unused track?

Erm... I'm running out of ideas here. I hope one will solve the problem.

Please keep us posted!

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:48 pm 
Tenderfoot

Machine type: AW2400
WAV files need a start and end time marker to export.

Yours may have lost it's end marker or have one so far from the start marker that the file is too large (maybe why it stops at 17%). I have had this before and didn't get to fix it, however, you could try exporting that track on its own, selecting your own start and end points on the Export screen.

If that doesn't work, you may have a file link error and, as far as I know, these can't be fixed. Unless you recorded a track from start to end in one take with no editing, it will consist of multiple WAV files. At the end of each discrete file (region in Yammy speak) is a link to the physical location of the next file for this track on the hard disc). The Export process merges these files into one continuous file and needs these file marker links to do this.