The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:34 pm 
Dude

JM wrote:
If you have more than one song with a stereo mix saved then the song listed may or may not be the song you want to burn. Here’s the tricky part: To select the song you want you must cursor over to the song in the song list and use the jog wheel to scroll through all of the songs for which you have saved a stereo mixdown. Scroll to the song you want to burn.

WOW! That's been driving me CRAZY for 3 days!!! Thank you!!!

I went over the manual, looked on other sites, no one explained that...
Thank you!!!Thank you!!!Thank you!!!

Peace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"My Guitar keeps me sane" , "I play guitar to silence the voices in my head." T-SHIRTS and more...at:
http://www.cafepress.com/freeyourmime

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:24 pm 
Welcome to the Forum!

"In order to burn a song to CD you must first do a mixdown to the stereo track and save the song. See Chapter 9 of the manual (and page 86 in particular) for instructions on mixing to the stereo track. To save the song go to the “song/listâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:42 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
And who is your husband?

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:02 pm 
The Reverend

Favourite food: cheddar-lol
...yes, Dijonstock forum etiquette requires all AW16G family liasons post a picture of the dumb husband as penace...either that or a small donation to the Cheese Fund in Robbie's(the man here @ D-stock forum) name... :D :lol:

Thanks for visiting, and come back again!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:49 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Bok, we agreed to keep the existence of that cheese fund quiet. Now I want my Gouda Coupons (the Goupons) back.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:35 pm 
Lone Star

Help!!!
I'm a bit of a newbie to the AWG16 and tried to find an answer in this forum but havent found the exact question.
My basic question is How do i get my Stereo mixed songs to show in the Song List so I can burn them to the CD ?

I've recorded several songs and recorded (via MIXDOWN) the Stero track for the ones I want to burn to the CD. But when I go to CD WRITE it only shows one song that I recorded a couple months ago. I select NEW and the "NO TRACK" changes to 001/009 New Song/25.5MB - I burned that one successfully to the CD but its the only song that ever comes up in my SongList. I've tried turning the Data/Jog knob and <sometimes> a 2nd song shows up, but not always.

Makes me think I am not recording the Stereo Track correctly. So I rechecked my process against the instructions on page 86. There is one difference. Step 4 says "WHen youreach the end of the song, move the cursor to the SAFE button and press the ENTER key. A popup will ask you to confirm that you want to cancel record-ready mode. Move the cursor to the OK button and press the ENTER key"

When I move to the SAFE button, the popup asks me if I want to "Clear current REC settings" ? This sounds slightly different from "cancel record-ready mode".

I'm fairly certain I have stereo tracks out there because I've reloaded the songs, pressed MONITOR ST.TRACK, pressed Enter to turn it ON, then Play and then the stereo mixed version of the song plays (I mixed 3 Tracks to produce the stereo version).

How can I get my songs into the Song List to burn the CD ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:40 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Make sure after mixdown you save the song and the correct VT for the stereo track is selected.

Try pressing the "new" button a couple of times. The list will grow each time you press it. However the same title will come up. That is normal. Suppose you pressed the "new" button 5 times, you will see 5 entries in the list that are the same. Using the arrow keys, select the first entry (the dotted lines around it). Now turn the jog dial clockwise and counterclockwise. You should be able to select all titles this way. Once you have set the correct title (selected the right project), put the dotted lines around the second entry. Use the jog dial again.

Important note: you will only be able to see songs in that list that contain stereotracks (the mixdown track). If it doesn't appear there are a few probable causes: the song does not contain a stereo track, the song does contain a stereo track but the wrong VT for the stereo track was selected, the song contains a stereo track but it is the current song which wasn't saved yet after mixdown.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:24 am 
Lone Star

Thanks.

I'll try the "5 NEW" process, but I suspect something like the wrong VT.

I dont know how to see what Virtual Track is selected, but I thought its been going to VT 1 on all the recordings. Any easy to describe hints on how to see if the VT that the Stereo was recorded on is the VT I'm trying to write out ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:36 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

James_S wrote:
Any easy to describe hints on how to see if the VT that the Stereo was recorded on is the VT I'm trying to write out ?

Yes.

James_S wrote:
I'm fairly certain I have stereo tracks out there because I've reloaded the songs, pressed MONITOR ST.TRACK, pressed Enter to turn it ON, then Play and then the stereo mixed version of the song plays (I mixed 3 Tracks to produce the stereo version).

It's in this very same screen where you can select the VT for the stereo track.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:39 pm 
Lone Star

Thanks,
I pressed NEW 5 times, then moved to select the first song and turned the knob real slow. A total of 4 songs showed up, which included the two new ones that I recorded yesterday. I was able to burn my CD!!!

Now, on to more exciting challenges with the machine...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:31 pm 
Sodbuster

Favourite food: ice cream
Machine type: AW2400
I keep getting an illegal notice telling me I am not allowed to burn the CD when what I recorded is just scales and riffs I made up with my saxophone. Then later sometimes comes the message that there is no file and then after a while the machine lets me record the same song or scales that I have tried to burn for the past 13 hours. I wonder if my machine is broken. It was a floor model meaning that the dealer did demonstrate it to customers. I wonder if I should just buy another new machine, a new AW2400.

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:06 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
I would guess there is nothing wrong with the machine. You just have to get in the groove of knowing how to use it.

1. When it prompts you that there may be copyright issues, the machine has no idea about the content. That is a general warning to be a good recordist, and respect intellectual property. Blast by that warning - it has no effect whatsoever. You can turn it off in the Utility screen I do believe, but it (the warning) automatically is reset at some point, so you may have to turn it off again if it bugs you. In any case it is not an issue at all.

2. When two faders are moving together, it indicates they may have been paired. Go to the MONITOR section to "UNPAIR" them. (or do as Robbie suggested and hit both buttons together and the machine will prompt you to establish or break a connection) Also the 2400 will let you "gang" sets of faders and/or Mute buttons together. This is also accomplished under the MONITOR section. This would cause faders to move together, even when they are not "paired".

Keep asking questions, or PM (private message) to me if you don't want to be putting your questions out in the public domain, while you are getting on your feet with this thing. It is certainly worth the effort, if you have a desire to have this tool help you as a creative outlet.

You have bought a machine that is quite powerful, and you don't have the experience of a learning curve using the 16 series model - such as most of us here. so it is to be expected that there would be issues.

I wouldn't be ditching the machine just yet!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:16 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

If you want to throw it out of the window, call me first! :lol:

You'll get the hang of it. Be patient, ask questions, search the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:44 am 
Welcome to the Forum!

Favourite food: noodle
Machine type: AW2816
Ok, then while we're on the subject I'll ask a dumb question. What's the difference between disc at once and track at once? Does one of these place a few seconds of silence betweent the tracks?
Thanks fellas!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:50 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Hello gasdad and welcome to the forum.

The track at once method is used when you want to burn one disc containing the stereo tracks of multiple songs. So let's say you make an album, each song is in a separate file. Making the CD requires building a "track list". Each song will result in a separate track which will be visible on your CD player by its track number. There will be a delay of a few seconds between songs.

The disc at once method is used when you want to burn a disc containing only one stereo track, and you can use markers for the track counter. For instance, when you record a live performance of a set of 6 songs, you can record them in one go and the aw16g will see it as one song. Putting the markers in the right place before burning, the G allows you to have a track counter on the CD so you can find your tracks easily on your CD player. However there will not be a delay betwee songs because artistically it is one registration.

I hope that clears things up. That was not a dumb question by the way 8)