The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:00 am 
Welcome to the Forum!

Favourite food: food
Machine type: AW1600
Basically im a pro at cubase lol, but not so much with the AW1600. i figured out how to burn the studio acapella onto disc, however when i imported it into my computer it was as a CDA and cubase doesnt recognise that format, meaning i cant mix my acapella down with the backing track.

wondering if someone could help me out with that please.

(Please note: Theres no way in hell im gonna learn how to import my backing track onto the AW1600 an mix it all down on there just yet)

also you might be asking why i dont just record straight to cubase..........the answer is because the AW1600 gives a richer sound i think

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:07 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Heya Ben,

As you concluded, the procedure in the other topic is for creating an audio CD. What you want is a data CD containing wav files.

I'm not sure if the aw1600 can do that. The aw16g can import from wav and export to wav. The aw1600 can only do one of those things bit I forgot which one it was.

Why don't you connect your aw1600 directly to the computer using the usb option? You an transfer your files in one go, no discs needed.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:50 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Use Edit -> Export -> this puts the file in the Transport folder -> connect via USB -> open My computer (PC) -> open AW drive 2 (or whatever it gets called on your machine -> open transport folder -> drag / drop file to new location -> it will copy -> erase or leave file in transport folder

The 1600 can't burn a wav file - wierd, but true.

Don't know cubase, but most of those editors allow some way to get a CDA in. Often under a secondary menu. within the File drop down.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:09 am 
Tenderfoot

Ditto for the AW2400 - doesn't burn WAV to CD. Bad omission for me as I only have a desktop and it is set up in the study on the next floor.

Anyone with an old G may be interested in this workaround I use for the 2400.

Create a new song - importing the tempo
Import the required track to the new song
Save the new song in AW2816 format
Restore this song to the G
Export WAV to CD
Copy WAV to PC

Sounds long winded but is better than unplugging everything and taking the 2400 to the PC or vice versa. One day I'll get a small laptop and use that instead. In the meantime, this is how I work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:05 pm 
Marker Magician

I am going to try that, just for interest's sake.

You should get a long USB extention and a drill and then wire up your studio to your upstairs study.

I myself use a very old PC to do transfers. It is within my studio, but I have a long 15' USB extention connecting it. Not sur how long a USB extention you can get away with. My old desktop is running a legal copy of XP, but it has only 198 meg of Ram and USB 1 - you could find one of those in the e-bin at the dump probably - it is somewhat slower than a more modern machine, but is not too turtleish, unles you are backing up whole projects of several gigs - then you just let it whirl away while you attack the honey-do list.