The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:31 am 
Welcome to the Forum!

Favourite food: food
Machine type: AW1600
Can someone PLEASE help me, i have a AW1600, all i need to do is record vocals, then burn them onto disc so i can import them into my studo. However i cant, and every other thread on this subject really doesnt help.

heres the deal, i have a list of songs that have been recorded

WORK NAV > SONG > LIST......................All my recorded vocals.

however when i try burning one of those recorded vocals onto disc this is what i get.

WORK NAV > CD > TRACK AT ONCE > its says NO TRACK, so then i press NEW, then some random track appears, so then i use the cursor and the JOG to go through the list as all the threads say except nothing happens, it doesnt change. my recorded vocals in the song list, dont appear in the list of songs i can burn WHY?! and how do i fix this?

Please can someone explain to me in extreme lamens terms how i go from turning my aw1600 on, record a vocal and burn it to disc step by step. i dont require the vocals to be EQ'd or apply any effects, as i can mix vocals down in my studio, i just cant figure this darn machine out.

I understand and appreciate it may take alot of your time explaining to an "idiot" like me, but i will be FOREVER in your DEBT.
Please help or i will end up picking up this desk and lauching it. along with burning the not so useful manual :?

Much thanks

BEN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:17 am 
Drivel Starter

Favourite food: Smoothie
Hi Ben
First of all you are not the first to pull out your hair and feel humbled by a Yamaha operating system. A lot of us have been tripped up by the very same thing.
Sorry can't help you.
Just kidding.
Could be a couple of things. Before calling up the CD screens you must save the song. OK done. The song will not show up in the burn list unless it is saved after the very last edit you did. That includes using markers.
After pressing the new button you have to move the cursor to the right- song list area. There you can scroll and find your song. If it isn't there it's usually because there is a marker at the 0:00:00 time position. There should not be a marker at zero. If so, delete it, save the song again and go burn 'em up.
Perhaps it is something else but don't despair. Others will be along soon the chide and jeer you and give more indepth answers if this doesn't do it.
Good Luck
Bruce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:30 am 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Instead of launching it, just send it to me. No need to make a mess in your studio.

I think Bruce may have answered your question. Once you record the track, then you have to create a stereo track and save it. Only that stereo file is what is recorded onto a cd. Once you've saved the stereo mixdown track, then call up your cd settings. When you press disk at once and new you'll see the 1st song in the que. So use the jog wheel and scroll till you find your song.

If that doesn't work let me know and I'll email you my ship to address.

rz-land

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Hi Ben and welcome.

As stated before, the most important thing is to go through the mixdown procedure to create a mix on the stereo track. Save the song after that! And then follow the procedure you have in mind.

Instead of using the mixdown procedure you can also manually copy your vocal to the stereo track, however that requires the recording to be in stereo format (that is, a left and right channel, where you could also have a group of 4 vocals or more - in that case a copy is no good)

Hope this helps

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:38 pm 
Drivel Starter

Favourite food: Smoothie
Ben
RZ and Robbie know better than I. Create a stereo track first, then check what I said to do.

The 1600 does quickly become a user friendly machine. It can also be a hardware controller for cubase.
Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:54 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
much easier to use USB to get single track off the AW.

See other thread that you started.