The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Burning a cd
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:35 pm 
Greenhorn

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW16G
I ahve been reading the manual for instructions on how to burn a song on a cd and I just cant understand them! can anyong please help me and tell me what to do button to button? I would really apriciate it thanx!

Post subject: Re: Burning a cd
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:57 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
I'm assuming you want to burn one track to an audio CD.

• Press the CD button. This will get you the CD write menu. If it doesn't you probably pressed it before in the same session. Pressing it repeatedly will eventually get you to the CD write menu. The button "track at once" in the screen is blinking.
  • Press the Enter key to activate it. On the left of the screen you will get a couple of buttons, on the right you get an empty list (it says "No Track").
  • Using the arrow keys, select the "new" button in the screen (one "arrow right" and one "arrow down" should do that, the "new" button should be blinking).
  • Press the Enter key to activate it. The "No Track" notification should be replaced by a track title. If it is not the correct title, select the song in the screen by using the arrow keys (the dotted lines should be blinking). Now, gently turn the jog dial. All song titles that have stereo tracks should pass by. If it doesn't, turn the og dial the other way. If it still doesn't, your song has no stereo track and you'll have to perform a mixdown first.
  • Using the arrow keys, select the "execute" button in the screen.
  • Press the Enter key to activate it. A message "Write ST track to CD?" should appear.
  • Press the "arrow right" button to select "OK", the button should blink.
  • Press Enter to activate it. It'll say "CD writing", together with a progress indication bar. That'll take a minute or two, depending on the size of your song. Wait for it to say "Finalize this media?"
  • Press the "arrow right" button to select the "OK" button in the screen.
  • Press Enter to activate. It'll say "Finalizing...", which takes about 40 seconds. When it's done, the CD drawer will open automatically.
  • Take out your very first home made audio CD and proudly present it to family and friends.

Done!

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:13 pm 
Greenhorn

Favourite food: sushi
when I pressed track at once it said "no stareo track!". what should I do?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:46 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Doesn't this message indicate that there are no stereo tracks (ie. no recorded mixes) on the currently designated virtual stereo tracks, (inclusive of all songs)? It seems a long time since the day I too was baffled by the seemingly illogiical routine to designate a burn list.

Have you recorded stereo mixes on at least one song? Are you able to activate the stereo track (Monitor menu - long bar at top of window) and listen to that recorded/saved stereo track?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:47 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
John, as Byron says, you need to have at least one song with a stereo track.

A stereo track is the result of a mixdown.

Your recordings are written to 16 independent tracks. On each track you apply effects, EQ, panning etc. The result will be listened to in stereo, so there's a step that needs to be taken and that is writing that mix to a separate stereo track. That is the "mixdown". You can look at the stereo track as being track 17 and 18.

Download the "recording 101" from http://docs.dijonstock.com and look at the mixdown section as of page 12. Follow the steps. Don't forget to save the song after you performed the mixdown. Then, follow the steps I gave you again.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating