The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: StereoTrack Effects
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:39 pm 
City Slicker

On the stereo track if you select the Mastering Library box and then chose say Vital Mix, how do you monitor and adjust this to the stereo track, sorry if it is a dumb question!

Post subject: Re: StereoTrack Effects
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:13 am 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
I do not use that library all that often. These presets actually set, at the same time both DYN and EQ for the stereo track. So if you want to adjust them do so on the DYN and EQ settings pages, just as yo would for any track.
Not a dumb question, as they generally may require tweeking. Some are very aggressive and need to be toned down a bit.

The AW DYN section does not seem to have a brickwall limiter, at least not that i could find to be impenetrable. that said you can get some nteresting results with those presets. I will give them a second look next i am at my desk to refresh. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised as it has been some years since i did that.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 9:41 am 
City Slicker

Thanks Byron for such an informative answer, just a supplementary question though, I thought while listening to these library settings that it seemed to give a kind of softer reverb, I may be mistaken but if that is the case how would you listen to and adjust the reverb Effect? Thanks again

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 5:17 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
I did not mention EFF as i was unsure if EFF presets were included in those mastering preset, but it makes sense. I have not yet re-looked at the situation on my machines. but from experience I know that the preset will insert one of EFF directly into the signal chain. So go to the screen for that EFF, ( might be EFF 1 or 2 depending on what was available when assigned ??) If you want less verb, then look for a control that sets the mix balance. 100% would be too much usually (That 100% level is used when using send/return) but a number more like 15% is better for inserts often. Leave other settings alone if you like the verb but just want less. You could also call up a different verb preset to try.

I will look at it the next time at desk. Raining today so perhaps I will be down there in my basement workspace.