The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:00 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: Curry
Machine type: AW1600
Here is our situation. When I export wave files to my computer, they are no longer in synch. (They all seem to start at zero) Is there a way to export them to CUBASE or other product that will put them at the right spot in the song? Also, I don't need all the virtual tracks sent over either. When I click on 1-16 on the export window, it seems that previous virtual tracks also get sent over. Please help! Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:43 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
no way to directly transfer to Cubase or any DAW platform. You have to Export from the AW to some media, then use that media to import files to Cubase. Not a one step process. I expect you already know that much. I do not think that virtuals get sent with an Export 1- 16 command. Check that again and let us know. I would bench test my 1600 to confirm such as that would. Always good to confirm understandings with the manual.

As for synch, If the files were all exported from the same start time, as you need specify in the Export 1-16 routine, they should all be as they were. But if the AW track has no data at the beginning. (perhaps it is the track you used for a guitar solo, so there is no data before or after it. In that case the AW export defaults from the start of the data This example then would become a short file with only that guit solo. When you import to cubase at the 0:00, the guit solo would be placed at the beginning ans so placed will be out of place.

I will suggest a step to fix that described situation. Here it is!! Before exporting your files, first use the Edit> Merge protocol. Merge will consolidate tracks made up of pieces and copied/pasted segments and also it will create data where there was none, so now the newly Merged file will start at the 0:00 specified in the Export, and even though there is no Guit playing at the start(from the example)

No need to use Merge on all tracks. Merge only tracks that may be segmented in some way.

If you need to line things up manually in Cubase there should be an Edit tool allowing sliding of tracks. It is usually appears as a hand icon in platforms within my experience. You would use a look at the waveform to identify noises needing to be at the same place in time. But i do suspect the Merge will be the solution.

Final point. Merge was added a s firmware update on Operating system version 1.13. So if you have no Merge showing in the Edit menu you will need to update. the file is available on the docs page on this forum.

Ask if you need further help or if I have missed the mark.

I do think the Merge advice may well solve it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:14 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
One of the points Byron made was something I was going to suggest. Once you get the individual files loaded, you should be able to easily line up tracks in cubase or any DAW for that matter. The beauty of digital workstations is taking the wav files and being able to get them fairly precise in position. You may need to zoom in incredibly close to get it where you want it, but I've done if before on a few fun projects and was not disappointed with my results (using Adobe Audition).

rz-land

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:05 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: Curry
Machine type: AW1600
Great advice! Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:00 am 
Marker Magician

But did it solve your issue?