The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: interesting
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:15 pm 
Greenhorn

Favourite food: Hot and Fatty
Machine type: AW16G
:roll: Again my apologies for not frequenting here as often as I should. Lately I've been helping a young band out, letting them use my old PA rig and sound engineering for them (free of charge). Just wanting to give something back and all that.

:roll: Anyway to my point. I have always recorded with the EQ flat, adjusting it in the mix. The track I'm doing at the moment I EQ'd on the input and it just seems to bring the recording much more to life. It could be because I'm EQing the analog wave instead of the digital representation. Don't know, but have others found this and could others try it and let me know

Post subject: Re: interesting
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:58 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Hi Bobby, helping out young musicians (or old ones :) ) is much more important than visiting any forum! I don't know exactly how the effects processors in the G work, but I do know it is in real time and in my honest opinion they work quite well. That said, I do believe that recording as close to what you want as possible is always better, as the G probable is the culprit in any signal chain. Besides, there can or cannot be a logical explanation why one of the two options is better... experiment and experience always beat theory. That's why it's nice and useful to read other peoples experiences.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating