The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Track Bleeding.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:24 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW16G
Now I don't know the correct term for this. Cross fading or something of the like. But you know when you listen to a cd and you hear a song fading after the next one has already started. Listen to pretty much any Pink Floyd album and you'll see. Is this possible on the G? It's something I'd like to explore. This may be out of the capabilities of the G. Perhaps additional software? Hopefully not. Even though I'm young I generally like to do things the old fashion way when it comes to music. As some gentlemen here may recall I am only now testing the midi waters. Lol

P.s. I tried to post this earlier and something went amiss. Hopefully I didn't post twice. All apologies if so.

Post subject: Re: Track Bleeding.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:54 pm 
No More Coasters!

Machine type: AW1600
I don't think you can burn a CD of songs with cross-fading on the G.

There's probably a way to manually do this on the G, but there is an easy way to do this by burning the CD with Windows Media Player.

You'll have to export your songs from G to a PC.

Then load the songs you want to burn into your play-list in Windows Media Player. Then go to View > Full Mode > Enhancements > Cross Fading. Click on Cross Fading. Then when the cross-fading window opens, turn on cross-fading and select the time in seconds, that you want the songs to overlap.

Then click on burn....and you're off to the races.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:01 am 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
On the G it would be a cumbersome project. You'd move your mixes on your separate songs to stereo pairs ( of which there are 8 ) in a new song and then reburn a new stereo track whilst manually doing the crossfade between tracks. Then you would also want to put markers where you want track numbers ( between songs - during the crossfades). This would all be done in real time - so it would take up a lot of it. Then you would burn your CD with CD at once dialog, using the marker flag..

A lot of work.

Go Utah' s route. It still involves the work to get the mixes off the G, using CD.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:56 am 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
The yammie is a grand machine. But as with the big studios you'll want to use some post production software for this process.

rz-land