The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Missing Yamaha AW16G CD
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:53 am 
Lone Star

Favourite food: roti
Machine type: AW16G
HI,
I just received an AW16G without the Yamaha Boot CD (or Boot OS). Where can I obtain a copy
of this CD? I believe it is required when replacing the AW16G internal HD.

Winston

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:00 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Hello. Gratz on your 16g. I believe the data you need is on this site. I'm not at my computer but someone will be by shortly that can point you in the right direction.

rz-land

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:24 pm 
Marker Magician

You may find what you need here.

http://www.dijonstock.com/index.php?page=the-docs-page

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:17 am 
Lone Star

Hello everyone,

Yamaha is sending me the required CD. Thanks for all your support.

Winston

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:19 am 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
That is fantastic. Look forward to hearing your work.

rz-land

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:09 pm 
Marker Magician

Good to know Yamaha will still support, at least to the extent of sending the CD. The OS 1,06 and the tools CD are both available on the docs page too. The tools cd as archived on the docs page does not include the Demo Song. there is a reason for this!!! When you update your machine and restore the factory settings you will get all the sound samples for the pads, which may or may not be of interest. And, you undoubtedly will want to listen to the Demo Song. It provides good example of what can be accomplished but it is imperative that you understand the implications of the Demo Song's use of scenes and their integration via the Song's Tempo Map. Use of multiple scenes within one song is powerful, but not many novice users go that way at first, or ever for that matter, and generally are unlikely to use the facility to the extent employed in the Demo Song.

Scenes linger until there is instruction by a new scene. Switching song (recalling or creating) DOES NOT automatically call up the setting for the recalled song ( or reset for a fresh start with a new song), The operator has to tell the machine. So .. hit the Scene button > recall initial scene > when starting fresh. Further, when recalling a song (project), you will have, by good habit, created a scene (snapshot ) of settings you have put in place for use in that project. that scene will need be recalled because, if it is not, then all the settings from the project you are leaving remain in place. If yo do not create a scene before saving a song, then the settings will be lost if not preserved. (of course if you power down and then boot again to the same song project the current setting will be as you left them. This is where the confusion begins, as it seems to suggest individual settings are part of the song. NOT so. Scenes are part of the song structure though.

The Demo Song uses several scenes, recalled (via the Tempo Map) throughout the song,and to the new user there appears to perhaps be a gremlin who alters things inexplicably. Part of the learning curve so don't be afraid to ask the questions you need to get you where you want to be. Or better yet, resist the urge and avoid the Demo Song until you understand how to create and save and recall scenes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:23 am 
Lone Star

Hi Byron,

Thank you kindly for this important piece of information! I was not aware of this implication. Although, I did download the .raz file from the docs page but did not understand the reason for removing the demo song; so I contacted Yamaha who sent out the original cd within two days of contacting them.

I am totally new to this type recording and will be using the AW16 to record some of our family Steel Band music, which until now, we only have bits and pieces of mp3 recordings. I hope this works out okay for us.

Thanks,
Winston

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:43 pm 
Marker Magician

Ask any question you need. I will be away until Friday so not available til then. Others will help too if needs are immediate. the traffic on this forum is quite light these days, but several people do check it regularly.

We will talk in a few days if you have questions.