The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Catching up...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:26 pm 
Muse-ician

Machine type: Tascam
Hey ya fellow recording enthusiasts... it seems like it's been forever since the last time I posted here. It's cool to see some of the regulars around!

What's been going on in my world?

I switched to bass about 18 months ago. I've been pretty much total submersion n the instrument and having a great time. I'm in regular rotation at our church, which is no small feat. It's tough! Especially since they send out charts on Thursday then we do a 45 minute brush up before playing 2 services.

I'm also playing in a band with some guys form Bangladesh, which is pretty interesting as well.

I still have my recorder, but I don't do much recording these days.

Anyway... just checking in!

Post subject: Re: Catching up...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:33 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Happy New Year. Nice to see you back. Bass is a fun instrument. It's the backbone of any song. There are still several regulars who check in each day. Robbie is back in school getting a new degree so he just studies alot. He does lurk occasionally. Drivel is King as is cheese.

rz-land

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:05 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Don't be a stranger!! Bass is where it's at!! Post some clips of your band - sounds interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:14 pm 
Muse-ician

I posted some clips of the band.

I'm having so much fun learning about music theory and how to craft bass lines that I haven't done a lot of recording of personal projects. I'm looking at changing that in 2016.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:55 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Happy New Year !! :)

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:04 am 
No More Coasters!

Machine type: AW1600
I play several instruments, but I've always enjoyed playing bass. I started because when I was a kid because a bunch of us played guitar but none of us played bass. So, I picked one up and just got into it right away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:51 pm 
Tinhorn

Favourite food: home made tortillas
Machine type: AW4416
utah wrote:
I play several instruments, but I've always enjoyed playing bass. I started because when I was a kid because a bunch of us played guitar but none of us played bass. So, I picked one up and just got into it right away.

the same thing occured in my youth ... 4 guys were playing guitar in the band and nobody wanted to ... (wait for it...) "lower themselves" to play the bass (chicks didn't go after the bassist ... always the frontman or singer.. sigh...) as time went on, i decided to pick up the bass and determined that by playing bass, you would always be able to get a paying gig (not so much if you were just another guitarist) ... playing the bass turned out to be very profitable ! a small investment in a quality bass and amplifier and i was on my way to cash in pockets for young aspiring musician ... i wish all my musical investments turn out that way !
i still play bass on all my personal recording/songwriting but i leave the "live" performances to our current bassist ...

and yes, the sound clips are very good ... reminiscent of the "page and plant unplugged" tour that had an orchestra of middle east players

mark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:03 am 
Loves Pamela's aw16G spot

Favourite food: chinese
just took up the bass last few years ,,,,,,I more relaxed playing than guitar :-({|=

If you wish to avoid seeing a fool you must first break your mirror".............Francois Rabelais

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:22 pm 
Muse-ician

RavenMadd wrote:
just took up the bass last few years ,,,,,,I more relaxed playing than guitar :-({|=

That... is a fact!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:49 pm 
Wants You

Love the bass! You don't have to compete with the guitarists for sonic space! :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:13 am 
No More Coasters!

Machine type: AW1600
hudrodguy wrote:
utah wrote:

the same thing occured in my youth ... 4 guys were playing guitar in the band and nobody wanted to ... (wait for it...) "lower themselves" to play the bass (chicks didn't go after the bassist ... always the frontman or singer.. sigh...) as time went on, i decided to pick up the bass and determined that by playing bass, you would always be able to get a paying gig (not so much if you were just another guitarist) ... playing the bass turned out to be very profitable ! a small investment in a quality bass and amplifier and i was on my way to cash in pockets for young aspiring musician ... i wish all my musical investments turn out that way !
i still play bass on all my personal recording/songwriting but i leave the "live" performances to our current bassist ...

and yes, the sound clips are very good ... reminiscent of the "page and plant unplugged" tour that had an orchestra of middle east players

mark

Once I started playing bass...I started getting offers to play gigs. I also got to play a wide variety of music because bass players were so rare. Everything from Irish Music, to Country, to rock...to bluegrass. Playing bass was a real door opener.

Because I play guitar.....I was always able to follow along on bass, by just watching the guitar player.

I still like the bass!