The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:46 pm 
Drivel Starter

Favourite food: Smoothie
Machine type: AW1600
As a budding herbalist I can offer some tips on restoring your ears. For the past 4 years I have been doing the home study courses from the "School of Natural Healing".
Herbs themselves are very potent and are considered food for the body. Most herbs are generally safe to ingest or lay on the body, despite the contrary claims of allopathic medicine. Herbology is another age old effective system outside of allopathic medicines strict narrow focus and expertise. First thing to realize is that most herbal preparations are made weak. Many herbal companies have been bought up by the pharma-giants. We speculate that big-pharma is buying up the competition and deliberately weakening the herbal formulas so that they are ineffective, thus making the sufferer believe herbs don't work. If you ever taste echinacia tincture from the bottle and it doesn't go zing and curl your tongue, then it is weak. Herbal formulas must be either prepared yourself or purchased from a reputable herbalist such as Dr Christopher, Dr. R. Shulze, or others. Fortunately a lot of herbs grow right in your lawn or garden and can be picked fresh. You know them as weeds.
Hypocrates said, 'Let herbs be your food, and food be your medicine." Herbs are healing and building foods for the body.
Practically all disease is because of blockages or constipation in the bodily systems: bowel, lymph, blood, and don't forget mind. Many ailments have a root cause stemming from a congestive liver problem. Detox or flushing with a lower bowel formula, followed with liver/gallbladder work, then blood cleaning, will clear up a lot of minor and some major ailments such as diabetes. That is, if a proper nutritious diet supplemented with superfoods or fresh herbs is followed.
So for tinnitus. The protocol (for most ailments) is to increase blood flow to the afflicted areas.
The most effective herbs I know for hearing are Ginko Balboa, Holy Thistle and Milk Thistle. If your doctor says there is no cure it's because he was not taught to cure. Only to treat symptoms.
The best herb for increasing blood flow is Cayenne. Yes the good old chili pepper is one of the top ten herbs of all time. Just adding a bit to any prearation makes it work better (catalyst action). Cayenne is food for the peristolic muscles which surround your intestines, glands, viens and arteries. The Heart is the biggest peristolic muscle in the body. These muscles squeeze to push stuff through. Try working up to a teaspoon of cayenne powder in a glass of water, 3 times a day and see if your urinary problems (like dribbles at the end) clear up within a week.
I am using the herbal eyebright tincture internally as well as an eyewash and slowly the floaters are disappearing and my vision is clearer day by day. Perhaps one day I can throw these reading glasses away.
Here are some links to pages on these herbs from Dr. Christophers Herbal Legacy.http://herballegacy.com/index.html This site has a lot of stuff, all cross referenced.

Medicinal qualities Ginko> http://www.herballegacy.com/Nelson_Gink ... cinal.html
Dosages Ginko > http://www.herballegacy.com/Nelson_Ginkgo_Dosages.html
Ear and Nerve > http://herballegacy.com/Ear_Nerve.html

A good seies of video to watch are the ones of Dr. Shulzes' Natural Healing Crusade. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 075231035# These vids are very good and funny to. It is the basics of health not taught these days.
Herbal Therapies http://www.google.ca/search?q=Herbal%20 ... ze&tbm=vid
Dr. Christopher in class lectures from the 1970's. A few of these are not available so downlaod this valuable info from an old master. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 488465461#
For some, this info may seem incredulous but if your mind is open it will surely be blown wider by the Christopher lectures.
Enjoy
Bruce

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:36 pm 
Cowhand

Favourite food: Fishcakes
Bruce - I think you may well be correct about the herbs and the way that the big pharmaceutical companies are trying to crush the opposition. However, I also think that it's really important here to get a few facts straight. I certainly do not regard myself as having a closed mind but I did notice that your post is titled help for tinnitus/hearing loss.

I studied for five years and underwent a rigorous training to graduate as a chiropractor here in the UK. Our first three years' training were not unlike a GP's training. We covered neurology, anatomy, physiology, biochemistry and a heap of other stuff besides - it was an excellent education. When I went to see the consultant about my hearing loss, I had lots of questions to ask him and I think he was a bit freaked out by my knowledge of my own situation. My reasons were obvious and rational enough I thought: if anybody was going to be messing around with the inside of my head, I wanted to know exactly what they were going to do and why.

While I agree that herbs can probably help with many things, I'm fairly sure that they can't help most hearing loss, unless that loss stems from simple obstruction of some sort. What herbs cannot help with is hearing loss where the nerves have essentially stopped working. The nerves are gone and they are not coming back. I was dismayed to read on the site you linked to that

Quote:
With some folks we have seen the hearing restored and hearing aids discarded in just a few months.

In those instances, I would say that their problems were probably misdiagnosed and they should never have been using hearing aids in the first place. There is another possibility that these people were also sold hearing aids by unscrupulous high street shops that are often more interested in selling you a hearing aid than deciding if you actually need one. To my mind, testimonials like this can be just as harmful as a doctor telling you there's no hope. If they are going to make astonishing claims like this, then they should at least attempt to qualify them. Otherwise, they are just building up people's hopes and that is unethical and, to my mind, plain cruel. As a chiropractor, I was constantly trying to disabuse people of some of the ridiculous notions that had been put into their heads by 'natural' and 'alternative' practitioners - including other chiropractors.

One person actually phoned me to ask whether I could help with his tinnitus and I suggested that chiropractic could not help but if he found somebody that could, he should give me the guy's number so I could get my tinnitus addressed also.

Despite my signature at the bottom of the page, I feel very strongly indeed that there should be more transparency about the claims of alternative medicine. Some alternative practitioners I've met have been dangerous and would do well to remember the Hippocratic oath which includes, I seem to recall, the idea that practitioners should "Do no harm".

http://www.howardgardener.co.uk/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:44 pm 
Drivel Starter

Favourite food: Smoothie
OK Howard.
That's awesome that you are a chiropractor. I have been in chiro-care for a number of years after a back injury. It certainly is a wonderful therapy. In addition my ex-wife was the tech assistant to my D.C. And, she shared all her training and seminar materials with me, including textbooks and a book on the life of Daniel Palmer. For those not in the know, Mr. Palmer started chiropractic after he restored the hearing of a partially deaf janitor. 8) I know, but it's just a tiny little dig.

I would like to address a couple of your points in a friendly manner, but will have to wait as I'm due to leave now.