The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:25 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: B & J
Machine type: AW1600
OK I'm stumped here. I'm running Windows Vista and it will not recognize the AW1600 throught the USB Port. I took it to the local library and had no problem getting its computer (with XP) to see the recorder. I've looked online for fixes for this and none have worked so far. Please help! Mick :frank2:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:52 pm 
Mr. Blues

Favourite food: Sauerkraut ;-)
Machine type: AW2400
Hi,

AW with USB connected works fine here with XP, VISTA and Win7.
Seems to be a USB-driver problem. Whats with other USB devices, do they work. Maybe you can try to run the hardware detection of windows or delete the USB drivers and disable the USB-Ports, then enable them again.

Good luck
Andreas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:40 am 
Tenderfoot

Favourite food: Peking duck
I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and Windows XP 32 dual-boot on the same PC and the two drives work fine with either operating system.

I would say this: try plugging the AW1600 into different USB ports on your PC. Before you plug in the USB make sure you pressed the Utilities button on the AW1600 until it was at the USB option then pressed the Connect button, and THEN plug it into the USB port on your PC. That might help your PC recognize the AW1600 for the first time.

Another thing to try is do you have another USB device like a printer or preferably a USB thumb drive that you can plug in? In other words see if you can get the PC to recognize some other kind of USB device.

I do notice on Windows 7 it takes a long time for the AW1600 drives to come up because the operating system is index

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:52 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: B & J
Thanks, I've tried most of the things that were mentioned on both posts. The USB hubs work fine with other devices and I've also tried to disable/enable and nothing seemed to work. I've been in the market for a dedicated computer for this purpose and there's a new one with Windows 7 on the way. Thanks, Have a Happy!