The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:31 am 
Sodbuster

Favourite food: cheese
Hello everybody!

Last year was very productive for me, as I completed my first symphony Kang Ka'nang Kaka, produced 7 OPROPS! for The Screaming Gurus, and finally recorded a x-mas calendar, consisting of 24 audioplays, with original music and everything for my daughter, so I've taken a serious break(down) LOL.

However, since last august, I've been slowly working on the foundation for my next symphony. It's coming together nicely, but I'm taking my time and just enjoying the danish spring, and life in general, while noodling with my music. I've got no idea when I'm going to actually get into production mode, but at least I've begun thinking about what kind of sounds I'd like to appear in the next piece, already titled, but that's a secret ;-)

The plan is to work with more layers, more texture, so the plan is to have lots and lots of melodies going on in the background, and generally I want to base the whole thing heavily on my own samples, trying to come up with original approaches to the moods I have in my head. I'd like these sounds to be a surprise, so I'm keeping my ideas to myself, for now ;-)

I learned a lot during my work with Kang Ka'nang Kaka, and I'm determined to apply this knowledge to the coming piece. One thing that proved very handy, was keeping tracksheets, writing while producing, instead of having to do them afterwards. Making notes on the exact sounds being used, so it's possible to find just the right guitar sound or keyboard setting again, when re-recording. Also, I found a nice way of organising the mixing, which I'm definitely going to use the next time around.

Naturally, I'm going to record the whole thing on my trusted AW16G (If only it had a firewire interface, oh...) I like keeping it old shool - somehow that approach keeps everything so very much... Alive!

Other than that, I'm spending a lot of time practising certain guitar techniques, which is going to appear in the coming music; I hope I'm going to be able to play it as I want, but it's a killer ;-)

I hope everyone's fine, and up to good stuff LOL

Best wishes

Sorbus

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:57 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Hello Sorbus. Nice to see you bcak and posting. I do remember your remarkable work. It's always nice to have ideas floating around in our heads. If only we could capture them all and turn them into musical masters.

Good luck on the new project. Look forward to listening.

rz-land

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:26 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Hi Sorbus. Good to read from you again. Hope to be able to listen to some results in some time.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:04 pm 
Sodbuster

Favourite food: cheese
Cheers mates!

I promise you'll be among the very first to get notified when the music's done...

Take care ;-)