The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 10:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Blast from the past...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:05 pm 
Boot Polisher

Howdy old music friends. Just dropping by to say hello. I haven't written or recorded anything in over 6 years ... although I usually pick up my guitar at least once a day - but sadly - it is usually for less than 5 minutes.

While I do miss writing, recording, etc., other activities keep me busy (as does predominately work), including my family (three of four kids through college, and the last, over halfway finished).

That said, I branched into doing some anniversary videos for my wife for several recent anniversaries that has given me a great creative outlet, as does some woodworking (grew up with father who was a carpenter/cabinet maker).

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and let everyone know that I cherish those times in the early 2000s when you guys helped me get into performing and recording music and original songs.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year from the NYC area.

Brian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:15 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Hey Brian! Glad to see you make your way back home. Some of us still hang around because it's comfortable. We still get occasional requests for help from someone who just scored a unit. And Rob just keeps the place alive.

I totally can identify with your current life. Mine is very similar. Well, the kids are out of college, but we have a granddaughter and between babysitting, getting sick all the time from her passing it along, and some work, I'm pretty busy. Plus, I too love woodworking. My dad never did it, but an old neighbor of mine had a complete woodworking shop upstairs in his home and he took me under his wing while we still lived in that neighborhood. He is a master craftsman. Me, I'm a master hacker. But I love it. Not much in recording here either, but I pick up my guitar everyday I can.

Come back often and visit. Happy New Year! Ron

rz-land

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:32 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Always nice when someone drops by. dust off that G and get back to work!!

Not much fine cabinetry going on at my place, but I do work with wood frequently with trim work and such repairs and renovations as required in an old house.

My recorder still sees action now and again. I did a single stereo pair record of Messiah performed by a local orchestra and choir just before Christmas. But i did that on a Zoom H6. My 2400 was last used a few months ago to record a blues duo.

Drop back again.. I am sure Robbie will be along to say hello.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:28 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
Hey Brian, nice to see you logged in. My G has been collecting dust for ages... but daughter #1 has a Zoom R16 and she just left the studio after doing some vocal work.

I think I'll power up the G shortly. All the equipment (cables, mics etc) is still there, it's just a matter of plugging it in. I do have a new hobby though, I bought a small boat and today I went for a trip... https://locatoweb.com/map/single/1032198284

This is the result of the GPS tracker and I was able to upload a few pics. Once I'm comfortable piloting the boat I will certainly take a guitar with me. And borrow the daughters battery operated zoom... :-)

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating