The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:52 pm 
HamelnStock Survivor and Midi Guru

Favourite food: the edible kind
Machine type: AW16G
Hey Byron.

I think you have two options. Each midi input on your focusrite can handle 16 channels. Most midi equipment has a midi in and a midi out and some have midi thru. If each midi device uses a different channel you can daisy chain them. A midi thru port echoes the midi in. A midi out usually needs you to set midi thru to ‘on’. Be carefull for loops, they can be anoying so if you loop back from the focusrite you have to set the localcontrol off on the synth. The sound will then be triggered by the loopback. If you daisy chain is long (many devices) you will notice a very small delay between hitting a key and the sound response. A second option is using a midi merge device. You can find 4 in 1 out midi mergers. You still need to choose a channel for each device. In the midi options of each deviceyou will have the ability to choose a ‘main’ midi channel. You can also ‘stack’ sounds when you have the reverse situation. 1 in and 4 out. Most merger will work both ways.

http://www.soundclick.com/bearinabubble

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:40 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Thanks dirk. I may be back to you when we get going. I would need some assistance initially to achieve what you have described.

Are you saying that through the Focusrite's midi in we could record, live from the floor, two separate keyboards and a midi e drum performance, with each going to separate stereo channels within the protools project?? Along with the othe 8 analog inputs available on the Focusrite That is what we are looking to do.

If so, what would be the preferred method, in your opinion, of the two you described.

Do you think my suggestion of a USB midi interface might work too, in conjunction with the focusrite, for a live from the floor session?.

Later.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:12 pm 
Sodbuster

Machine type: AW1600
I think somehow this is not related to my previous post and got sent to me in by mistake?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:03 pm 
Marker Magician

The thread is in the forum, open to all. The thread has been "hijacked" from it's original opening, in the sense that Dirk and I have continued a conversation, spurred on by initial attempts to help you, the originator. but it is a public (member wide) discussion.

Discussions can also be carried on privately using PM (private message). (See top left of screen where is says "new messages" . those would be Private messages. I will send you one to show you.

Threads such as this one often go private if they carry on to the extent this one has, as many members would not be interested in the dialogue to the extent of the participants

Look for a PM from me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:14 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Lots of times topics change into cheese related subjects.

And that could be anything, from the mold penicillium that
makes blue cheese to the processes that causes holes to
appear in the cheese. Or a Leerdam-Cheddar comparison.

Where Leerdam wins, obviously.

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:36 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Robbie wrote:
Lots of times topics change into cheese related subjects.

And that could be anything, from the mold penicillium that
makes blue cheese to the processes that causes holes to
appear in the cheese. Or a Leerdam-Cheddar comparison.

Where Leerdam wins, obviously.

I'm sorry sir but this comment is a hijack of this thread. You will have to be banned to the red wax section of your local supermarket. Please report there directly.

rz-land

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:40 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
NNNNOOOOOoooooo.... not the red wax section.... pleeeeeeease.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:38 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

I picked up some Beemster Vlaskaas at the market the other day. It's still really good. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7