The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Track View?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:12 am 
Dude

Favourite food: peas and rice
Machine type: AW1600
I see that track view tells you if your using EQ or Dynamics, but where can I see what specific eq or dynamic I am using. Unfortunately I didn't log which ones I recalled, is there a way to see what I'm using?

Post subject: Re: Track View?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:40 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
It's been so long since I've had the G. But if you press the effect/EQ/dyn button to the right of the screen, doesn't it tell you which effect you are using?

rz-land

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:26 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Machine type: AW16G
I don't think there is any way to see the preset's name once you've applied it, if that's what you're asking.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:40 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
JM wrote:
I don't think there is any way to see the preset's name once you've applied it, if that's what you're asking.

Jm is right about the EQ edit screen not displaying the name of the selected preset. the LCD picture of the curve is very rudimentary, but helpful none-the-less but if you go to the library then the last preset that had been selected may be still highlighted. If you haven't moved the library cursor since you made a selection then you can determine the preset from where you started, but if you did move the cursor within the library list, or can't recall if you may have, then it is just a guess.

The EFF edit screen does show the name of the preset.

The Dyn edit screen shows what type of utility is engaged ( compressor, expander etc) but it is not specific as to the name of the particular preset

Presets are just starting points. In the EFF department the presets are often able to be utilized as-is. this is often true of EQ presets too, but when it comes to Dyn (and often EQ) it is generally necessary to tweak. The threshold and the knee settings of Dyn compressors need to be adjusted to be triggered suitably by the recorded material. and then the make up volume need be set to lift the track, if the compressor is working even moderately hard. This is true also when using expanders, but in that case you would concentrate on the threshold, width and (downward) gain. It is largely an iterative, try-it-and-see process. It is useful to know from where you started. don't forget to save your tweaks in the Library if you think you may need to get back to a starting point.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:45 am 
Dude

Favourite food: peas and rice
Machine type: AW1600
I see, that's why I need to use log sheets. Thanks for the input guys.