The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Disc Transfer to PC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:12 pm 
Dude

Favourite food: beans
Machine type: AW16G
Hi

Just copying the track from the Aw and repeating it adding no other guitars, just gives it a thicker sound.

The guitar tracks were recorded individually each with a different effect.

The pan and volume were ajusted on each take adding to the overall colour of the track, then it was mixed in stereo on the G and thats what i play with in logic.

Soon

SEE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:36 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
Have you experimented with the "masterung" presets available on the G? The preset called "Vital Mix" is not a bad place to start if it is thickening you are after. If anything, monkeying about with these presets applied to the stereo bus, adjusting paramaters (particularly the Threshold level on the DYN section) begins to open up some understanding of what is the result of manipulation of the stereo file.

If it is a stereo two track you are using in Logic, what are you applying to get the sound you might like. Sounds like you might get some mileage out of a multi-band compressor. also. if the program has a good brickwall limiter, play with that. The AW series has great utilities, but the capacity to limit to a "brickwal" (beyond which nothing sneaks by) is not its strongest point. Although if you mix with lots of headroom the AW can provide very decent results in this regard.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:54 pm 
Dude

Hi byron

Using the preset "vital mix" would be cheating, I am sure there are lots of these items on logic but thanks for the thought, I will try and post a sample of what I have done and later (much later ) try and post the finish item, thanks for all the info

Speak soon

SEE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:52 pm 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
samuel88 wrote:
Hi byron

Using the preset "vital mix" would be cheating, I am sure there are lots of these items on logic but thanks for the thought, I will try and post a sample of what I have done and later (much later ) try and post the finish item, thanks for all the info

Speak soon

SEE

Using signal processing on a stereo mix is hardly cheating. that gets done all the time. The thing about the "mastering" presets on the G is that they really are not a single preset. they are really a library, so calling up that preset will set parameter on the stereo buses EQ and Dynamics, and perhaps also one of the effects buses (depending on the particular library).

Sometimes I apply a very subtle flange effect on the stereo bus during a "mastering" pass.

there is no "cheating" in mixing, if what you apply achieves the goals you are trying to accomplish.

Keep at it. What sort of plugins/manipulations are you attempting when you move to the Logic platform?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:08 pm 
Dude

Just a little reverb, and panning the tracks round the points, just a beginner at this also

SEE