The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:34 am 
Lone Star

Favourite food: hamburgers
Machine type: AW1600
Got to say I'm really enjoying the unit. It took a bit to get around Yamaha's interface. I'm recording DI into the AW then editing in Cubase. The USB and wave files makes transfer really easy. The sound quality is quite good - nice warm preamps and no cross-talk between the channels.

Well worth the effort to do the update so hang in hudrodguy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:01 pm 
Greenhorn

Favourite food: KETO
Machine type: AW4416
hello all,

just an update ... all the parts are here and have been patiently awaiting their turn with my time ... =D>

and then ...

i took a bad fall at work and will be out of commission for a while ...Ugggh ! #-o ... dislocated shoulder / sprained wrist

this break :lol: will allow me to make a concerned effort to install the bits and peices and see what happens ...

stay tuned for exciting results ..... i guess ...

mark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:14 pm 
Greenhorn

[quote="Byron"]Keep at it! You represent the future of the AW series!!!

it is not just me ... the future is all of us !

i was able to convince a friend to purchase an aw4416 for his songwriting and band use (@ only $300 with 8 channel 1/4" analog input card and other accessories) ... he is amazed at the power and ease of use of the console (as long as i am around for questions...) ... the unit is clean and runs fine with the one exception of the battery ... which is easily replaced with a socketed chip set

i would recommend the 4416 to anyone needing a complete 16 track 24 channel mixer/recording/editing device ..,. it works great as a live mixer with multiple auxes (with an assigned fader page) for monitors/efx etc.

don't wait ... buy now ... hurry before they are all gone .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

mark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:57 am 
Marker Magician

Machine type: AW2400
I will continue to consider the wisdom you espouse. I think the 4416 is the best in many ways. But do i need a 1600 a 2400 and a 4416. ???

I barely do enough these days to justify one machine. I will say that each machine has a feature or two missing from the others.

I will watch for a 4416 i think.

If your friend has both slots filled on his 4416, the first with 8 extra analog ins, would be great if the second was filled with a y56k card. You should watch for that card at a reasonable price. A very good addition to the AW processing power. You can use it for 8 ins as ADAT too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:09 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
I've always thought the 4416 to be a beast of a machine. It was well ahead of it's time. I haven't touched my 2400 in close to 2 years, but it was more machine than I can use. Yamaha really put out great DAW's. Sorry they didn't feel the need to continue like Tascam.

rz-land

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:44 pm 
Greenhorn

update ...

last weekend i suffered a brutal fall at work, during a rockshow load in (3rd eye blind)... i was catapulted from the end of a ramp and landed, full force, onto my shoulder ... my shoulder is wrecked (a-c separation), all bruised and scuffed up ... in a sling for at least a few weeks .. not sure if surgery is needed yet ... no lifting/pulling/working etc. until decisions can be made ... missing a "sublime" show tonight also !

now i have all kinds of time to get the drive swapped and tested ... 1 handedly :lol:

here goes ....

mark

ps ... i also have the "obsolete" tascam sx-1 daw which tascam created and never really followed up with ... :-k
48 channels/16 tracks/automation/editing/cd mastering etc. ... all in 1 box ... solid as a rock and a great sounding flexible analog/digital console ! ... nothing tascam created since is even close ... imho

the sad part is the tascam is only used occasionnally (1 time a month or so ) for personal monitor mixes during our "jammin' friends" evenings ... everything else (writing/recording/editing) is through the aw4416

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:34 pm 
Greenhorn

update ...

parts are installed and working ... currently just doing small recording projects with limited track count but everything seems to be working well ... i will attempt to install a large file song from a past project and do some editing to see if the drive likes it

haven't had any issues ... yet

more to come

mark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:45 pm 
Greenhorn

i beleive the upgrade is a success ... i have loaded a full 16 track song with many layers of patching and effects (yk56) ... no delays, hiccups or worries ... as time moves on, we'll just have to see if the ss drive is longterm reliable :-k

this is a link as to what to use and how to set it up ...

http://www.home-machine-shop.com/AW4416 ... AM-10.html

once the parts are installed, insert the tray into the console and follow the prompts to format the drive ... 5 minutes later, everything works as it should ...

the aw4416s now have a new lease on life ... =D>

maybe we could put this final result as a "sticky" on the site ?

hopefully this will help others with their desire to keep the aw4416 alive and kickin'

cheers

mark

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6