The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: SCORE!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:46 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Greetings. Among my maddening work days, I often take solace to various websites. Craigslist is one such site. Wednesday when I just needed a break, I popped on CL and hit the instruments. Some guy was selling a good looking cherry red Epiphone Dot (335), a 15 watt Marshall amp, a double guitar stand and 20' cord. We discussed and negotiated a killer price and I met him an hour later at a nearby gas station. We did the deal and I couldn't be happier. A Gibson 335 is way more than I need to spend, so this hits the mark. Going to take my time and get it setup properly and locate the right hard shell case. Very happy to add this to the arsenal.

I love RED!

Nice little amp. Very loud. Just needs some cleaning.

Here it is with a little cleaning done.

rz-land

Post subject: Re: SCORE!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:37 am 
Marker Magician

Great score Ron!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:24 am 

Byron wrote:
Great score Ron!!

Thanks. Actually I have been spending time restringing an old classical guitar. I decided it was time to learn The Girl From Ipanema.

rz-land

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:28 pm 
Wants You

Machine type: AW16G
RZ wrote:
Byron wrote:
Great score Ron!!

Thanks. Actually I have been spending time restringing an old classical guitar. I decided it was time to learn The Girl From Ipanema.

In that vein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KscF9jKYqwA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:56 pm 

Bob Keelan wrote:
RZ wrote:
Byron wrote:
Great score Ron!!

In that vein:

He's one of my go to guys on youtube. Before he started James James, he had/has another channel called Privettricker with a ton of videos.

rz-land

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:24 pm 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
That looks like a sweet deal. I wish I had more space to put guitars. And more money to buy them :)

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:45 am 
Roper

[quote="RZ"]Greetings. Among my maddening work days, I often take solace to various websites. Craigslist is one such site. Wednesday when I just needed a break, I popped on CL and hit the instruments. Some guy was selling a good looking cherry red Epiphone Dot (335), a 15 watt Marshall amp, a double guitar stand and 20' cord. We discussed and negotiated a killer price and I met him an hour later at a nearby gas station. We did the deal and I couldn't be happier. A Gibson 335 is way more than I need to spend, so this hits the mark. Going to take my time and get it setup properly and locate the right hard shell case. Very happy to add this to the arsenal.

I love RED!

Great looking guitar Ron! There still is something about semi hollow body guitars that appeals me. Boy do I miss the Guild Starfire V that I once owned!

Ron, what's your secret to retaining your youthful look? With the exception of that red tongue you look the same as you did when I met you in 2004. :shock:

Yesterday I was born here

Tomorrow I'll be gone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:34 pm 

60's guy wrote:
Great looking guitar Ron! There still is something about semi hollow body guitars that appeals me. Boy do I miss the Guild Starfire V that I once owned!

Ron, what's your secret to retaining your youthful look? With the exception of that red tongue you look the same as you did when I met you in 2004. :shock:

Thanks. I really got lucky on this deal. it was so inexpensive I just couldn't pass it up. I play it every day and soon I plan to take it somewhere, have a luthier set it up, and check the electronics and neck.

As for the fountain of youth, ha! I look nothing like I did in 2004. Perhaps you are referring to the 25 pounds I've lost so far on Weight Watchers. We've decided to use to that program as our new eating guide and splurge here and there. I'll never be skinny again, but I can wear my pants. :wink:

rz-land

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:52 pm 
The Reverend

Favourite food: cheddar-lol
RZ wrote:
Bob Keelan wrote:
RZ wrote:
Byron wrote:
Great score Ron!!

In that vein:

He's one of my go to guys on youtube. Before he started James James, he had/has another channel called Privettricker with a ton of videos.

Mine too... like his low key style, and his taste in music mirrors mine, for the most part...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:54 am 
Marker Magician

thank you too, to Bob, for the link to the instructional you tube. I learned a new song!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:22 pm 
Wants You

Byron wrote:
thank you too, to Bob, for the link to the instructional you tube. I learned a new song!!

that's one I've wanted to learn for decades 8)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:41 am 
Marker Magician

not really that hard to play, and yes me too, I've wanted to learn that song. I have small hands and can't accomplish what he shows, so i have to discover/find some alternative voicing and or fingerings. I use and really love a skip up the neck from the F#m7 on the second fret to the Am7 and then to the the G on the 7th fret. He shows all that happening above and then resolving on that G (using a D formation) on the 7th fret, i instead start below And the James Bond bridge part feels good too.

actually most of those Guess Who songs and recordings hold up very well, considering they were recorded 40 years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:09 pm 
Wants You

Randy Bachman is a very under rated player.