The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:35 pm 
Adult.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/bh250/

I'm kind of excited, haven't bought a new bass amp since I was in junior high school (a Kustom 100 watt w/silver tuck&roll cab), and certainly am looking forward to be able to throw my "rig" into a gig bag and go. I paid $269 @ amazon...

The reviews are promising, though the TonePrint app is, like all smartphone apps, prone to crashes and such (what do you want fo' free?). I'm building a bass cab that I can use for practice and for playing the fretless at acoustic gigs, with a Celestion G10L and a pair of four inch Cerwin Vegas, all of which have been lying around unused for almost 20 years. It shouldn't weigh more than 10-12 pounds itself.

And hey, TC Electronic is a Danish outfit...

I will dutifully review the unit once I get the handle on it...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:31 am 
Robbie The Botkiller

Favourite food: Ria's cheesecake
Machine type: AW16G
I'm trying to find the "like" button... :)

Don't judge the coffee by its cup.
The proof of the cheese is in the eating

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:40 am 
Wrangler

Favourite food: food
Anything with handles on it has got to be cool :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:39 pm 
Adult.

I downloaded the app already, and hokey smokes Bulwinkle! Are there effects to choose from! Though I'm a straight clean/compression guy on bass, I do like the Rob Grange sound from his Nugent days once in a while.

I am now keeping my ears open in case George Jetson comes through the door..."Honey, I'm ho-o-ome!"

4 lbs. Four flippin' pounds. My Acoustic 370 weighs about 40.

What's next? The credit card amp? Just slip it into your wallet and GO!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:30 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
That is one bad azz bass head. Love the iphone app that feeds the sounds right into the unit. That's pretty sweet.

Oh wait . . .

Link

rz-land

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:08 pm 
Adult.

Gad Ron, I just HAD to play that...

Little guy came in the mail today. Had a job to go to but I don't think I've ever been so motivated to get it done and scram for the homestead (ok, except for once when she asked me on the phone if I could guess what she wasn't wearing...).

Just spent two hours with it. Absolutely as advertised, I just wish I could afford the speaker cabs to go with it. I think I can make do building my own as mentioned before...The wiring for turning two 8 ohm drivers into a 4 ohm circuit is series, right?

I tried a boxful of effects as well. Some are outrageous and some are as good as I've ever heard. The choruses are outstanding. Transferring from the iPhone is a snap, though it makes some noise, but there's a mute switch. The comps are good, but I have a dinosaur Rocktron that I have loved for decades that I'll continue using.

If there's a beef for me at all, it's the necessity for a Speakon connector. Fortunately I have a couple, or I would have gone buggy calling all my friends looking...

...I'll be taking it to a free-for-all jam on Wednesday nite. We'll see how Jr. keeps up with the big dawgs...

Four pounds, guys!! That's just 1.8 kg.s!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:46 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Two 8 ohm drivers in series would make 16 ohms - you wanna go parallel to get 4 ohms. Just make sure the two drivers are in phase with each other.

Enjoy the new toy Eric. I have a couple of their pedals (flashback delay and gravy chorus) - quite nice units. I've not played much with the toneprint app, but beaming new settings into the pedal via a smartphone signal into the guitar's pickup is pretty sci-fi. I downloaded the editor software and played with that for a bit too - pretty cool.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:38 pm 
Adult.

Thanks for that. You wouldn't believe how many people I talked to who were certain it was series (some on the internet, which of course makes it true!).

I have to say that last night might have been the first time I was actually honored to be asked to "turn the bass down". There were three guitarists playing together at any given time, two drummers (one acoustic, one triggers & pads), another bass player running through an Ampeg 1x15" combo (we didn't play together on ALL the same tunes), and Jr. & me. I never once had any problems hearing the lil' red guy...Very satisfied, am I...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:55 pm 
Has Been To Cheeseland

:thumbright: