The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:48 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:34 pm 
Adult.

I'd like to get a multitrack app for my 5c, and my brain is spinning from the selection available. HarmonicDawg offers a full 24 track app for ten bucks, and the reviews are good enough, but for my use intent 24 tracks is 20 too many. I've decided on a mic, the Rode iXY, @ about $150, plus a couple of adapters for standard mic use...

Anyone here use phone app recording and can recommend an EASY, simple program for iO7?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:04 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
From all I've read, if 8 tracks will do you justice, check out GarageBand. It's free.

rz-land

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:40 pm 
HamelnStock Survivor and Midi Guru

Favourite food: the edible kind
Machine type: AW16G
Yep, Garageband is a possibility. Cubasis is way cool but more for ipad i think. If simple is the keyword you try Vocallive. You can try vocallive free with the one track version. Can be expanded with in-app purchases ...

http://www.soundclick.com/bearinabubble

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:54 am 
Adult.

Mmmmmm, yeah I looked at Garageband. I'm just kind of leary of "free". There were a couple I looked at that had "monthly payments" (?) in fine print.

Four track or stereo 2 would suit me. I'd be using it as an impulse spot recorder and to have a more polished audio track on vids.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:28 pm 
Adult.

Just to follow up...

I loaded Garage band, and may even use it, but for the utility I was looking for I think I found it here;

http://tascam.com/product/pcmrecorder/

And the iM2 stereo mic was practically being given away at Amazon for $15 US, a bit less than the $150 Rode, so I ordered one of those as well.

http://www.amazon.com/iM2-Channel-Porta ... m+recorder

I haven't received the mic yet, but the test recording I did at a jam session with the iPhone's built in mono mic turned out pretty fair.

Since Apple started using the 8 pin Lightning jack there aren't any options on mics that won't need an adapter to the 30 pin version yet. I'm sure that when manufacturers retool for the change prices will skyrocket accordingly...

...This is what I was looking for, a recorder for spontaneous takes. The multitrack route is, now that I found the PCM, would have been overkill...