The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:01 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:07 am 
Greenhorn

Favourite food: Pizza
Machine type: AW2400
First off, thanks so much to all involved for getting the site back up and running. I guess it's true that you don't know how much you miss something until it's gone!

Here's my situation: I very recently purchased a Waves Y96K card off of eBay ... to be received this week. However, there is no manual or user guide coming with the card. I have contacted both Waves and Yamaha, neither of which can provide a user guide. I've also googled it exhaustively with no luck.

If anyone out there is a Y96K user and can help me out in any way, it will be sincerely appreciated. My immediate concern is to insert the card and make sure that it's fully functional. The price was only $250, which makes me a little suspicious, but it comes with a 14-day return policy, so I'm anxious to fire it up and see if all the processors work ... but I don't imagine I'll get too far without the manual.

H E L P!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:55 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Glad you made it back to the forum. Byron is all things Y96K. I have looked around and didn't find any info on the card. You'll get it working I'm sure.

rz-land

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:26 am 
Marker Magician

Just back on line in the midst of the shakeup we have gone through. I am in some sort of virtual link that has something to do with my IP address not being on the correct list ....

$250 for a y96k card is terrific. I felt i got a super deal at about $900 US about 5 years ago.

the manual is somewhat useful. I would scan and email you the pertinent page, if it comes to that. I refer to the manual occassionally. the main rub is that the manual doesn't address the AW 2400, byt rahter the AW 4416. the 4416 patching was different/more complicated. That machine had two slots as well. The manual does describe the (limited) tweeking possibilities in the various utilities. To have limits to the tweeking you can do, at first i questioned, but as i used the utilities, I realized there is no need to tweek too much, as the presets and the critical elements are so well designed that the available options more than suffice, and make the interface fairly simple to utilize.

That said, there is a learning curve. . I would be hard pressed to do without the card now. My most recent step on the curve was to conect the card to an M-Audio 8 channel pre/AD converter i bouth off ebay, via lightpipe. so now my AW has 16 fully functional pre amps, 8 of which bypass the AW pres.

To quote our esteemed colleague, Skygod, the "limiters are killer" That aspect alone steps up the post production capacity. but the verbs, de-esser and compressors are very good too. PM me with your questions and i will get you pointed in the right direction.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:34 am 
Greenhorn

Favourite food: Pizza
That's cool what you're doing with the Y96K card and the M-Audio Pre. It's easy to get caught thinking of only the processing side of the card and to forget that it offers additional I/O. I think it's great that you're continually seeking and finding ways to maximize the utility of the AW.

I PM'd you re: my situation.