The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:05 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:25 pm 
Adult.

Stay tuned; My wife, who's accounting business is devoted to onsite client service, has as one such client a thrift store...

She came home yesterday to tell me that a black Fender Strat came through the donor door; No case, but in "really nice shape", except for some of what she called "glue runs" in places. We've been married since 1990 and she still doesn't know a single coil from a strap button, but she made a point of writing down the name on the headstock.

Today she is taking pics and emailing them to me. If there is indeed glue residue, something has been repaired, and poorly. But if it's a legit Fender Strat, well, we all know the possibilities, don't we ( viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15233 )...? :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
That's right up your alley! Keep us posted. I want to see this "Fender"! And if it's been repaired, I can't wait to see your new repair thread!

rz-land

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:18 pm 
Adult.

Ooh, she just texted me; She's bringing it home for me to check out.

Maybe I should have her checking the electronics area on a regular basis too--I might luck into a Telefunken or an old AKG 414... [-o<

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:24 pm 

Hope she brings home this . . .

rz-land

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:31 pm 
Adult.

Heh, yeah me too...I gotta keep in mind that we're talking thrift store, until I see it I'm assuming it to be junk....But Ya. Just. Never. Know...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:43 pm 

stettoman wrote:
Heh, yeah me too...I gotta keep in mind that we're talking thrift store, until I see it I'm assuming it to be junk....But Ya. Just. Never. Know...

No you don't know. I scored great one time when a guy at a pawn shop sold me 5 guitars for something crazy like $200. I can't recall the exact amount, but it wasn't much more. So you'll just have to wait and see. Plus, now that your wife knows what to look for, you could score quite a bit in the future.

rz-land

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:22 pm 
Adult.

Well, like I said, she's an accountant, not a guitar tech for Led Zepellin...

It's not a Strat. It's a Starcaster. Maybe she's dyslexic...

I knew Fender had lower-end product lines, but this is a cheezy thing. The tailpiece had broken off and whoever "repaired" it decided to not let the glue set up before restringing. The action is about a 1/2 inch off the *ick* resin fretboard.

It is black though--With a (maybe) spruce (maybe not) top.

Sorry fellas, nothing to see here...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:35 pm 

Oh well, it got the blood pressure risin' for a bit anyway.

rz-land