The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum

*** USER REGISTRATION DISABLED! FOR ACCESS TO THE BOARD, MAIL TO registration AT dijonstock DOT com. THANK YOU ***
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I have got the GAS!
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:48 pm 
Spaminator Extraordinaire

Favourite food: sushi
Machine type: AW2400
Byron wrote:
Why no more??

" . . . and in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love, you make!"

Everything has an end. It was time. That's all I'll say. All good.

rz-land

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:14 am 
Marker Magician

RZ wrote:
Byron wrote:
Why no more??

" . . . and in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love, you make!"

Everything has an end. It was time. That's all I'll say. All good.

Well I sure enjoyed those pieces over the years. Thanks for sharing them!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:44 pm 

Byron wrote:
Well I sure enjoyed those pieces over the years. Thanks for sharing them!

I appreciate that. I've never considered myself the best in audio mixing, but I have learned much over the years of doing these parodies. My recording interests have faded as I've aged, and even though I always dreaded beginning a new parody, by the end, I was enthused. I still have an unfinished Beatles song residing on the 2400. I need to add the Harrison lead and backing vocals and I can finish that up. I'll probably sing it original. Just need to get motivated. Hoping the Helix will do that.

rz-land

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:02 am 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Machine type: AW16G
Hey Ron - I just picked up a Helix LT a week ago. A most amazing piece of gear, and a quantum leap upgrade over my old POD 2.0. I was starting to get serious about a new modeler and was really looking into the Helix and the LT when a used one popped up at my local Guitar Center. Ran it through the paces for about an hour and snagged it.

After focusing on learning the drums the last couple of years, I've suddenly rediscovered the guitar. I just posted the last song I'll ever record with the POD 2.0 (and the first with my drumming) over in the Share you Music section.

Man, I'm having all kinds of fun with this thing. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:24 pm 

JM wrote:
Hey Ron - I just picked up a Helix LT a week ago. A most amazing piece of gear, and a quantum leap upgrade over my old POD 2.0.

Congrats!! The Helix is a revolutionary instrument processor. There are tons of videos if you need them and also a nice facebook chatroom dedicated to all things Helix. I just did the latest update to the Helix and the HX Edit. Something else you may want to do is head to the Line 6 site and look at the custom tones section. I've found some very nice tones already made. I've played around with making a few of my own and it's crazy how fun it is. I still don't comprehend all of it, but it's because I don't take the time.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/line6helixusergroup/?ref=bookmarks

Gllen Delaune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zh5rG6e95c&start_radio=1&list=RDQM3PB47CBFbBY

rz-land

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:01 am 
Has Been To Cheeseland

Machine type: AW16G
Thanks for the links, Ron. I did a factory reset and updated to 2.60 right off the bat. Watched a handful of videos, too. Already have the basics down and playing with my own presets. I get the impression it's pretty easy to get a "good" tone quickly, but it's tweaking the little things into making it a "great" tone where the fun is. :)

Does this mean I finally have to bite the bullet and join facebook? :?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:55 pm 

JM wrote:
Does this mean I finally have to bite the bullet and join facebook? :?

Ha! Nah you don't have to join Facebook. Some days I wish I never did. But I find myself going there less and less. However, just like you did to your Helix LT, I too have sorta reset facebook. Now when I open it up, it's not people pushing their political preference or fighting over inane things. I find chats about guitars and drums and Line 6 products. Oh and of course some family crap. lol.

rz-land